Does anybody else read Hereford America?

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
There is a privately owned publication called "Hereford America" that I enjoy reading. They have letters to the editor which is something the official publication of the Association (hey that was poetry!) does not feature. Does anyone else on the boards read this publication and what do you think? They send it free for a year (7 issues) to commercial producers.

greenwillowherefords":1mv1aki7 said:
There is a privately owned publication called "Hereford America" that I enjoy reading. They have letters to the editor which is something the official publication of the Association (hey that was poetry!) does not feature. Does anyone else on the boards read this publication and what do you think? They send it free for a year (7 issues) to commercial producers.

Sounds interesting, what's the address?
How long does it take the Association to process transfers? It's been almost 2 months and nothing yet.

dun

I don't guess I've ever read it, Willow. I have read the Hereford World a time or two. At least I think that's what its called. Do you have a link or contact info for the one you're talking about? That sounds like a good deal if its free! ;-)

The address is HEREFORD AMERICA, HC 3, Box 38, Reva, SD 57651

On the transfers, I would call and complain, my experience has been a couple weeks.

The Hereford America is a VERY good publication. I like it because Byron tells it like it is. He pulls no punches. Good and informative! It will give you the other side of the story that the Hereford World is too politically correct to do.

dun":2qt4lir9 said:
How long does it take the Association to process transfers? It's been almost 2 months and nothing yet.

dun

it shouldn't take that long. it might be a holdup w/your seller? i had a call after our last assoc sale w/a complaint that papers hadn't been received.......found out the sale manager was still holding them, not the assoc.

txag":1qz30xin said:
dun":1qz30xin said:

dun

it shouldn't take that long. it might be a holdup w/your seller? i had a call after our last assoc sale w/a complaint that papers hadn't been received.......found out the sale manager was still holding them, not the assoc.
I asked the seller last week and he claimed they had sent them off the week I brought her here. But without looking through his papers I have no way of really knowing. It's not that big of a deal, but I had them transfer her to my wife without her knowing. I'm just impatient for the surprise.

dun

I have taken Hereford America for a while now- Enjoy it and Hereford World both-- Gives a guy a way to keep up with the genetics and sales in the Hereford business--Better than the AAA's Angus Journal which turned into a Sears and Roebuck sized catalog of cow sales-Kept raising subscription costs-- Got so my postman hated to even see it come. So to save a few bucks and keep my postman from getting a hernia, I canceled it.

Copenhagen & Shiner B":2zs00gvd said:
I just started my subscription 3 weeks ago, but I have recieved an issue as of yet.
It is published September through April or something like that to give them a summer break I guess. We should be getting it any time. Take a look at the brand new Oklahoma directory section. :)

Latest posts