Dodges

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowboy 2.0

Reaction score
Apparently are the better vehicle.
truck.jpg

truck3-1.jpg

Probably be better to wait until when when the dodge gets as old as that chevy then see which was the best of the two.

Cal

If it was a Ford on the trailer that would be his spare for when the dodge breaks down. That way the Ford could tow the broken down doge AND the trailer

Dodges have typically been pure crap with one heck of a good cummins diesel in them. You buy the engine and they throw in the truck.

Thats why they put tow hooks on the front of Dodges and on the back of Fords.

rusty":1pdy7uq7 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I could find the picture of my dad's Dodge pulling a semi that was loaded with about 32 tons of hay. I bet a Ford couldn't have done that. (BTW, we own fords too)

FarmGirl10":2mhh1p2x said:
rusty":2mhh1p2x said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I could find the picture of my dad's Dodge pulling a semi that was loaded with about 32 tons of hay. I bet a Ford couldn't have done that. (BTW, we own fords too)

If you go on youtube and do a search for "Ford diesel pulling semi", you should find some results. I know of one popular video that shows a guy with his gf pulling a semi and 50 foot van trailer out of an icy and snow-drifted intersection. :cowboy:

This isn't so much about brands, but I was wondering, when did the 8' bed go extinct? The Dodge hooked to that trailer is all cab with a short bed, my Chevy is the same way (bought used), and everywhere I look, long bed trucks are seemingly going the way of the Yugo!

IGotMyWings":3kg6obxf said:
This isn't so much about brands, but I was wondering, when did the 8' bed go extinct? The Dodge hooked to that trailer is all cab with a short bed, my Chevy is the same way (bought used), and everywhere I look, long bed trucks are seemingly going the way of the Yugo!
Well, Cowboy 2.0's truck is a Mega cab and you can only get them as a short bed. Also, with half tons, you can only get a long bed if its a single cab. Personally I can't stand shortbeds, although I own one, but a single cab would be much worse.

FarmGirl10":u5ximqje said:
IGotMyWings":u5ximqje said:
Well, Cowboy 2.0's truck is a Mega cab and you can only get them as a short bed. Also, with half tons, you can only get a long bed if its a single cab. Personally I can't stand shortbeds, although I own one, but a single cab would be much worse.

That's not entirely true. Although maybe nowadays it is. Regular cab long beds are the norm, but you can get regular cab short box...or at least you used to be able to. Two buddies of mine, one has a '98 Ford regular cab short box, and the other has a '00 Chevy regular cab short box. :cowboy:

Aaron - I guess i wasn't clear enough. I was just saying that with half tons, you can only get a long bed if your buying a single cab.

I saw a 70's model ford (body design)that was a 4 door cab with extendacab long wheelbase one time that had to be 20ft long.

Calman":1tn4eqk3 said:
Probably be better to wait until when when the dodge gets as old as that chevy then see which was the best of the two.

Cal
I was thinking the same thing, I'd be willing to bet you can find more 30 year old chevy trucks to drive on the trailer behind that new dodge than you can find 30 year old dodges.

1982vett":jei4zjgy said:
Calman":jei4zjgy said:

Cal
I was thinking the same thing, I'd be willing to bet you can find more 30 year old chevy trucks to drive on the trailer behind that new dodge than you can find 30 year old dodges.

Definitely agree! I got a buddy with a Dodge that always has problems. Most of it is probably from the performance mods he did but still it's broke down more than it runs. I'm not a fan of the midget beds at all.

Ther's good,bad and ugly in all of the big three.I'ts just a matter of which you like better than the other,and if we all liked the same there wouldnt be three.
I have always had better luck with GM so why would I buy something else? And having a new truck dosen't excite me at all.Just a good dependable one.
I drive a 2000 Z71 with 255,000 miles on it,and use it everyday.Of course it's a 1/2 ton so I dont pull overly large trailers or haul loads that will break it down.Everything works like new and I would not be worried to start across country with it.Until it starts to need $ put into it I will keep driving it.
It's just a matter of prevenitive maintenance and keeping it serviced.

Cal

I think we're talking peaches and prunes. I have a 2004 GM Duramax crew cab with long bed. I don't think you can get a long bed with crew cab TODAY but you could in 2004.

I guess I'll have to drive mine till I die because I won't own a short bed truck.

Latest posts