Dodge?

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Just read that Fiat is planning on "phasing out" Dodge as we know it, and start introducing small cars they have been selling successfully in Europe instead. Yikes! Wonder what that means the future is going to be for the Dodge truck?? We have two, and I would be willing to bet that is the only thing that kept Dodge afloat the past couple of years.

What are y'all's opinions?

TheBullLady":1onpmtc9 said:
Just read that Fiat is planning on "phasing out" Dodge as we know it, and start introducing small cars they have been selling successfully in Europe instead. Yikes! Wonder what that means the future is going to be for the Dodge truck?? We have two, and I would be willing to bet that is the only thing that kept Dodge afloat the past couple of years.

What are y'all's opinions?

I think you're right that their trucks have kept Dodge afloat the last few years.
I did hear that Fiat is not going to mess much with the Dodge truck line. Maybe work on improving fuel efficiency some.....

Gasoline was about $6 a gallon (American) while we were in Italy this summer. You just didn't see many full sized cars. Lots and lots of the small Fiats, of course.

They don't say anything about the truck line, but have you seen the size of European trucks.. Small..

I am driving a pt cruiser right now while my pick up is in the body shop and I hate it . It is so small and gutless ... Must have been made as a city car.

I sure would like to know what changes they plan on making to their truck series , we have two Dodge trucks as well.

The front end was gone on that dodge I bought with less than 50K on it. The diesel engine is heavy. I do miles and miles of pasture. Bought the Ford and have other issues. Left Chevy after '95. What's a person to do? A toyota won't pull a 2 1/2 ton G/N with 8 tons on it.

LMAO, the add at the top is for GM.

Backhoe I still have my 99 3/4 ton diesel GM sierra that I love, it pulls like a dream and never has but the smallest hick up...

hillsdown":2skz6zsk said:

Backhoe I still have my 99 3/4 ton diesel GM sierra that I love, it pulls like a dream and never has but the smallest hick up...

My "good one" went 300K. My bad one didn't fare so well.

Still driving my first Ford. Can't disconnect the key in the ignition chime nor the seat belt chime. Sick of hearing it all day long in the pasture.

I won't be driving a second Dodge.

I may be walking before this is over with - just because I am so stubborn.

Those boys in Detroit design city trucks. I don't need a city truck. Darn sure don't want anything painted up like an Easter Egg.

hillsdown":1ml5pyrh said:
I am driving a pt cruiser right now while my pick up is in the body shop and I hate it .
Everytime I see a PT Cruiser I look to see if Herman Munster is behind the wheel......there's just that something about them. Bet you'll be glad to have your truck back! :nod:

Backhoe.. same here. Hubby went down to Dodge in Madisonville and camped out when the front end went out of my 2008. They replaced stablizer bar and ball joints, ended up taking it back about a week later for everything else they hadn't replaced the first time. It's a sorry deal when a 3/4 ton $45K truck can't keep a front end. This was at 23,000 miles. But the sound system is awesome! :cboy:

angie":2234lfku said:
hillsdown":2234lfku said:
I am driving a pt cruiser right now while my pick up is in the body shop and I hate it .
Everytime I see a PT Cruiser I look to see if Herman Munster is behind the wheel......there's just that something about them. Bet you'll be glad to have your truck back! :nod:

I love that show .. :heart: I was so glad when we finally got satellite so I could watch it ,,that and bewitched .. Great shows of a time before I was born..

Angie I have only driven it two times since having it .. I had a pick up or suv booked in but when I went to pick my rental up they were still on route from Calgary so I settled for the stupid cruiser as I just wanted to get home. Should get my truck back tomorrow of Friday for sure.

hillsdown":2n0hczgm said:
angie":2n0hczgm said:
hillsdown":2n0hczgm said:

I love that show .. :heart: I was so glad when we finally got satellite so I could watch it ,,that and bewitched .. Great shows of a time before I was born..

At least there's a couple of us on here that's not from the Stone Age!

backhoeboogie":3p8m1ts2 said:
hillsdown":3p8m1ts2 said:

Still driving my first Ford. Can't disconnect the key in the ignition chime nor the seat belt chime. Sick of hearing it all day long in the pasture.
I have a Ford car and the owner's manual gives a lengthy procedure you can go through to make that thing shut up. It worked.
May not be the same for your truck. PM me if you want me to copy it for you.

Ryder":2ev5q9if said:
backhoeboogie":2ev5q9if said:
hillsdown":2ev5q9if said:

I have a Ford car and the owner's manual gives a lengthy procedure you can go through to make that thing shut up. It worked.
May not be the same for your truck. PM me if you want me to copy it for you.

My 94 F250 the chime from he## was just above the gas pedal and I unplugged it. My 2000 F250 I haven't found the foul dinger. If it isn't a lot of trouble for you, I'd like that procedure myself. It's worth a try.

john250":3e539k7z said:
My 94 F250 the chime from he## was just above the gas pedal and I unplugged it. My 2000 F250 I haven't found the foul dinger. If it isn't a lot of trouble for you, I'd like that procedure myself. It's worth a try.

Me Too. Its an '04 1 ton.

If it works I'll post it over in tips and tricks. Probably save a few folks from going insane. Seems Its already too late for some.

For the seatbelt chime, go to the junk yard and buy the seatbelt end that goes into the fixed seatbelt part. Shuts it right up and you never have to ness with it. If you're rolling down the rad and a cop gets on your tail it's quick and easy to pop it out and put your seatbelt on

Does the one ton Dodge(4x4) have the same front end as the 3/4?
No probs so far with my 07 3500, but it only has 40,000 miles on it.

Part of the reason I went with it was the cummins, there is a GREAT highway truck shop close to me.
Cummins shouldn't be going anywhere for a while.

Latest posts