Dodge trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
What's the deal with the purple Dodge trucks? At least 2/3 of the trucks around here from last years model and this are some shade of purple. Did this area get them all or are they showing up other places. Everyone I've talked to that has gotten one have all said they got a "real good deal" on them. And yet when I drive by the dealer, there isn't a purple truck in sight.

dun

ive never seen a purple dodge. did they get a good enough deal to get it painted?

Beefy":2pzvlkp1 said:
ive never seen a purple dodge. did they get a good enough deal to get it painted?

Must not have, they're still purple. The vet bought two of them. Different models but the same color. Strange. He said that getting the two new ones the payments were lower then on his wifes Jeep Cherokee that they traded in.

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2ah7kszd said:
I think it's a fad color aimed at youngins and the yuppie generation. Just like the name Magnun and Hemi. Makes one want to relive the younger years.

Are your trying to say this might be the reason Mo. has a lot of purple trucks. Since you have been the auto biz I will bow to your expertise.

Campground Cattle":2tl24tu8 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2tl24tu8 said:
I think it's a fad color aimed at youngins and the yuppie generation. Just like the name Magnun and Hemi. Makes one want to relive the younger years.

Are your trying to say this might be the reason Mo. has a lot of purple trucks. Since you have been the auto biz I will bow to your expertise.

I could see it in SPringfield, Columbia, Jeff city or one of the two big towns up north, but in hillbilly land?

dun

Campground Cattle":vwvbrfyb said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":vwvbrfyb said:

Not an expert by any means but I know fad colors and catchy names sell vehicles :cboy:

dun":3p2ceu5s said:
Campground Cattle":3p2ceu5s said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3p2ceu5s said:

I could see it in SPringfield, Columbia, Jeff city or one of the two big towns up north, but in hillbilly land?
Dun, maybe some of then hillbilly boys wanna be faddy like them city slickers come Saturday night ! :lol:
dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":6bk8i738 said:
dun":6bk8i738 said:
Campground Cattle":6bk8i738 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":6bk8i738 said:

dun
Dun, maybe some of then hillbilly boys wanna be faddy like them city slickers come Saturday night ! :lol:

There is a pretty active cruising scene among the kids, but they want old beat to snot trucks that have been slicked up more then the want something that new.
But since nobody else has seen these purple trucks I think that pretty well says they've been dumped here and the dealers are unloading them at bargain prices.

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":10mmzcu9 said:
Guess they figure you guys will buy anything for the right price :lol: Before you get unglued it's a joke Dun. :D

You should know by now I don't come unglued very easily. I guess it proves that Barnum was right, maybe around here he was just righter.

dun

I've never seen a purple Dodge in Texas.. but I don't think they would be safe down here!

What size truck are they dun? Surely not one tons???

They're all full size, not sure the tonnage, but not the toy dakotas

dun

I haven't seen any purple trucks but it seems to be that a lot of these new colors that are coming out, the shades of blue, black, etc., have a purple tint to them. All the different brands, Ford, Chevy, Dodge. You look at them from a distance they look one color then up close they're different. Is it just me?
;-)

MrBilly":3ra6u49k said:
Dun, you sure you haven't been sitting in your mule too long with the windows up?

:lol:

Mule's been at the vets for the last week. Not having it has sure made it clear what a great tool it is.

dun

Havn't seen any purple in Dallas either..we get almost all the latest fads down here it seems, but somehow we missed this one!

Dun, I take it that after pricing the new Muley's, you decided to rebuild yours?? Seems like that's the choice I am making more and more nowadays, once something is paid for, I hate to get rid of it just because the family thinks it 's ugly!

Theres a bunch of them around here too. About three different shades,but they are all purple.

Latest posts