Dodge Deisel

Help Support CattleToday:

I fired up the Dodge Diesel last Friday morning and the fuel pressure read five pounds at idle. I reved her up and the fuel pressure did'nt change. I was all pisssssssxx off. I thought and read everything I could about the fuel pressure over the weekend. This morning I fired her up and had seven pounds fuel pressure, so I ordered a new FASS pump from Genos Garage, it will be here tomorrow. They told me that the new designed fuel pump would supply twenty pounds at idle and between fifteen and eighteen pounds at wot. I sure hope it is all true. I have three pickups but the Dodge is the only one that will pull my trailers.

Tom

itll do all that..install is a pita tho..did ya git the pickup tube also...filters need to come from them also unless ya can find the cross number but im not aware that ya can...

have fun..good product but i think overpriced and hype..i dont have one obviously.

itll work good for ya tho tom...they are good products and warranty is usually awesome if ya need it

Tuesday morning:
I fired up the Dodge, moved it into the shed out of the sun for the pump installation, I had zero fuel pressure. I am waiting for UPS to deliver and Wed morning I will get with the program.
~Tom

m&kCattle":jd5gtg7q said:
kerley":jd5gtg7q said:
m&kCattle":jd5gtg7q said:
Wouldn't run a 2nd gen without a FP gauge myself. I cut the intank LP out and put a Raptor on the frame rail. It holds runs about 15psi at idle and the pump is adjustable....side note, if you do it you don't need the draw straw in the tank. Just cut the pump out of the basket in the tank and run a piece of fuel line to bottom of basket and draw your fuel from there. Be sure to notch bottom of the line so it doesn't suck itself to the bottom of basket though. $.99 fix and it works fine.
Thanks for the tip. Which Raptor did you install. Did you remove the factory lift pump off the block or using it aswell. Did you have to buy a special wiring harness for the Raptor? I have read so much about the 98.5 24v fuel problems that I am getting confused.
Tom

The harness comes with the Raptor. You also get a big line fuel kit with push connect fittings, so you by pass LP on block if that is the one you are running. Hoses go in the top of filter housing so you can tear all the old lines and LP out or leave them if you don't mind looking at them. It is a easy fix even if your not a mechanic. I pulled the bed off to get at top of tank but you can also drop the tank. I just think its quicker and easier to pull bed and you dont have to worry about breaking a strap. I put the 150 on and it will run higher than 15psi if I wanted but 15 psi about where you want it at idle to keep the VP happy. You read right, Dodge never had a good fix for the LP and really kinda gave up on it. The other biggie with the 2nd gen 24 v is the 53 block, some crack some don't. If it is gonna crack it will usually be on the passenger side and leak antifreeze. Crawl under and look at stamping on front of block on drivers side , it will be stamped 53 if it is a 53. Have any more ? send me a PM I'd be happy to help if I can.....All in all I love my pick up, they all have their quirks.
I went with the Fass from Geno's Garage. It took about an hour to install. Now I'm looking at twenty pounds fuel pressure at idle and seventeen pounds running 60 mph pulling my gn loaded with 8 rolls of hay. She runs like a clock and I'm happy.~Tom

No sled pullin for me. I am really satisfied with a good running truck. Think I will take it to a front end shop and have it checked out. No problems yet but I just like to know what shape everything is in. I want it road worthy. I plan on contacting some C T members who raise Red Angus cattle. I want two nice bred heifers. Dont have to be registered. I just have always wanted Red Angus. Any one near Montgomery, Al. have any?
~Tom

kerley":ks53p0re said:
. I want it road worthy. I plan on contacting some C T members who raise Red Angus cattle. I want two nice bred heifers. Dont have to be registered. I just have always wanted Red Angus. Any one near Montgomery, Al. have any?~Tom
heck Tom you can just drive on to Missouri and I bet ol Dun will hook you up and I will put ya up for a day or so and if Dun don't have any I bet we could drive out to Kansas and Julian would be more than happy to sell ya some

Yep, I'm pretty sure Dun has some that aren't registered.

Latest posts