Dodge aisin pto

Help Support CattleToday:

Out of curiosity, for those of you who build fence for a living - what type of driver do you prefer and why?

Thanks.

cfpinz":3t3remy5 said:
Out of curiosity, for those of you who build fence for a living - what type of driver do you prefer and why?

Thanks.

Pneumatic. Does a good job driving pipe.
Also can run the rock drill. The only choice for inaccessible areas. We have a quarter mile of air hose.

Until... there are some new hydraulic driver's on the market that work like the pneumatic driver.
Atlas copco let me demo a drill and driver. I was impressed with the driver. The drill however uses a fluted bit to remove spoils. It didn't work very well. They supposedly have s adapter to use a small compressor to clear spoils. I haven't tried it.

It's looking like it might be possible to set up a hydraulic/gravity pounder. A rapid strike hydraulic driver and a hydraulic drill. All on one truck.... maybe a hydraulic pipe notcher as well

cfpinz":1b9axkl0 said:

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO8IUCOrgk

I've run a couple of these. If I ever replace mine and don't build it myself, this is where I'll get it. Steve is a good dude, and makes a mean cup of coffee.....for a red coat. I run a heavily modified Vector Model 4 on a Yanmar C50R track dumper chassis, and get along pretty good.

That's pretty neat.

Curious if the valve body has a height adjustment or is it synched with the mast height? I could see that being a problem if so. That's one h*lluva valve body, too!

Latest posts