Do ypu take lipitor?

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
It's been linked to memory loss :frowns: !!!!!!!! and amazingly,the drug companys aren't telling anybody!! :devil2:

All I can say is forewarned is forearmed..Look this stuff up,tell your nearest and dearest....and the Dr.

no,it was on brodcast news-- talking to a NASA scientst who started on it and couldn't remember his wife,home,anything much.
I don't know how to move stuff around on computer.
I asked "ask" they have several sites that have different opinions..

Peg I checked the PDR for contraindications and there is no mention at all of memory loss. I know that is common with some sleep aids but I have never heard of it being associated with Statins.

I've been taking it for over a year and I'm no more forgetful than before. Of course, that probably wouldn't be possible... :lol2:

The doctor wanted me to take it, and I said "no thanks". I had heard of side affects, and beside that all my cholesterol levels are in a healthy range. He said there are studies showing reduced heart attacks even in folks like me, but I just have this notion that something will eventually kill me. Why take a darned pill? Heck, I can't afford to live more than two or three more years at the rate things are going.

peg4x4":bkfyi71k said:
It's been linked to memory loss :frowns: !!!!!!!! and amazingly,the drug companys aren't telling anybody!! :devil2:

I've been taking it two years. Dropped by total colesterol by over 100 points....but I can't remember where it was when I started or what it is now. ;-)

I've been taking 10mg daily for 3 or 4 years. Costs about a dollar a day with insurance . Probably 2 or 3 times that without it. Can't drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking it. I don't think I've had any ill effects from it.

ga. prime":2q1cptk7 said:
I've been taking 10mg daily for 3 or 4 years. Costs about a dollar a day with insurance . Probably 2 or 3 times that without it. Can't drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking it. I don't think I've had any ill effects from it.

Why no grapefruit. My Doc didn't say anything about that?????????

P1010527.jpg

3-way, it's written on the label on a piece of yellow tape on the bottles I get. I think I read somewhere that grapefuit somehow greatly increases the strength of the dose.

I took it for about Eight months, had trouble, took Zocor, had trouble, took Lescol, had trouble, been taking Zetia for about two years with no trouble. I went in to the doctor and told him that the stuff was evil, he told me he didn't expect me to take anything that made me feel bad and told me they had pretty good luck with Zetia and so far it's been ok.

Larry

For me the Lipitor and Zocor were the same. The inside of my legs got sore and swollen. The funny part was that when I stopped taking it the symptoms went away in a matter of a day. The Lescol made my feet and ankles hurt, if I sat in my chair for an hour at night, when I got up I looked like a 100 year old man taking those first few steps.

Larry

dun":jmlcb946 said:
Been taking it for 10 years. Can;t tell any side affects yet.

My dad has beed taking Lipitor for 10 years, never a problem. I guess some (like me) can't tolerate it.

Larry

larryshoat":sd028j8x said:
For me the Lipitor and Zocor were the same. The inside of my legs got sore and swollen. The funny part was that when I stopped taking it the symptoms went away in a matter of a day. The Lescol made my feet and ankles hurt, if I sat in my chair for an hour at night, when I got up I looked like a 100 year old man taking those first few steps.

Larry

Larry if I'm not mistaken those are some of the side effects they mention. Son in law couldn't take it either because lower joints began aching all the time. I cannot even tell I take the stuff.....drinking a few cold beers afterward doesnt' seem to cause any side effects either than the "usual". :lol2:

Latest posts