Do you wave?

Help Support CattleToday:

When driving you local roads do you wave at folks and if so which of the following do you use?

• One finger(not middle one) while still grasping the steering wheel

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Whole hand, while still grasping the steering wheel

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Nod of the head

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Whole hand off the steering wheel

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I do not wave

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day as most folks don't wave while driving in this area. Sad, really, but I have lived in rural areas where folks automatically do so to everyone. What do they do in your area?

I voted "Other" because it depends. If I'm turning the corner and driving slow, I often just nod my head. If I'm moving quicker, I wave the entire hand. But, yes, I do wave and most people around here do, too.

Hard to keep up with who drives what nowdays. Just Curious, I'm going to steal your line. Cars and trucks nowdays, "They all look the same". Bad eyesight and tinted windows make it almost impossible to recognize anyone thru the windows. To busy looking out for the idiots that are in to big of a hurry for their own good, so the last thing I am doing or thinking about is waving at someone coming up the highway. Their are those few "standouts" that can't be missed.

Need to add, all of the above + some not mentioned. :shock: :lol:

I live in a pretty small town so I know alot of people here and, of course I wave at them. I also wave at truck drivers, police officers, fire fighters and people that I know are farmers, just to let them know I appreciate what they are doing. As for everyone else, it depends on the situation. If they've done something courteous in traffic, I wave. If they've done something selfish, dangerous, or just plain stupid, I just shake my head on move on.

We are kinda like Bez around here. we wave stop in the middle of the road and visit other folk just stop and join in we ain't in no hurry figure it our road everybody else is just going to have to put up with us.

I wave usually to everyone I come up to on the main rural route that goes right by our place ,even if you don't know them. The sad thing is though that fewer and fewer strangers travelling through take the time to SLOW DOWN when approaching another vehicle,or going by cows near the road or by a house or by someone mowing the lawn near the road or walking to get their mail etc,,,etc...,,,,, let alone wave.

That p@ss's me off more than anything, vehicles flying by you when you are (on foot) on the road or near the road,,,makes me want to carry a high powered bb gun to take their tires out...enough ranting...

So yes,I do wave and usually with a flash of my pearly whites, it one nice thing about living in the country.

Like Frankie said, it depends on the circumstances whether I wave or nod. Usually, I wave my hole hand, while still grasping the steering wheel. I always wave to anyone that pulls over to let me pass.

Alice

I wave to the people I know, but not to everyone .The road I live on probably has 60 cars an hour . I have cattle on a farm that to get on the road you may wait on as many as 30 cars . It just doesn't seem practical around here .

Larry

larryshoat":26fukllp said:
... I have cattle on a farm that to get on the road you may wait on as many as 30 cars . It just doesn't seem practical around here. Larry

I live on one of those. Once you get across to the median, you start all waiting all over again. Rare occasion you get to scoot across without waiting.

Many people around here wave with 2 fingures at the same time while still grasping the wheel....index and middle fingures

I wave when I meet a vehicle on the dirt road that runs through the ranch, otherwise I have to recognize the rig. In Montana everyone waves except on the interstate.

If you waved at people in London you would be locked away in the loony bin, as they would think you were mad. You only raise your hand to say thanks if someone lets you out into the traffic. Sad state of affairs when you can't be friendly.

I wave at people locally, It always surprises me though when someone waves at me in the big truck. Then I feel bad cause Im not expecting it and am usually past them before I can wave back.

What about you Misty Moonlite? do you wave or Moon them? :lol2: :lol2:

curtis":il6ubiku said:
What about you Misty Moonlite? do you wave or Moon them? :lol2: :lol2:

Oh for goodness sakes Curtis, of course I don't moon em! :roll: On these windy roads I'd be dead in a ditch in no time. :nod:

I wave, at everyone, just keep the heel of my hand on the steering wheel. :wave:

Most folks around here wave, and I wave back. What kind of wave depends on where I am, what is going on at that particular moment, and whether or not I need two hands on the wheel.

Latest posts