Do you think your pet dog can read your mind?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I swear my Newfoundland pup can. Every time I am out doing chores he is right there with me, seems he can predict what I can do before I even do it.-Freaky or what?

GMN

Sounds like he is going to be a good one. I love Newfoundlands. First I ever saw was when I helped my dad operate on one that was shot by a fool who thought it was a bear. (coincidently his name was Bear) The dog pulled through and he and I became big buds. Very nice gentle animals - and smart to boot. Good choice.

My dogs can definitely read my mind. Especially when they are into something they shouldn't be. They slink on off somewhere with the offending object just to get out of my sights! :roll: If its a bone I've given them, they sit right in front of me with it.

I have no doubt my dog can read my mind. Matter of fact ~ sometimes I think she can read. She's awfully smart :nod:

Mine can...that's my story...and I'm stickin' to it!

Alice

When I was a kid my grandpa told me that if I could put my ballcap on my dogs head while he was asleep without waking him up that night I would dream the same thing he did. Spent endless hours trying to do that. Even then I was not too bright.

Larry

Had a german sheperd once that even when standing in a pen of 150 steers and we were on opposite sides of the pen she knew which steer was the pull and she would help me sort it out. Dog died after getting kicked by a steer. My next sheperd would eat its own poop and chase every steer in the pen. Both came from the same two parents so they said at the dog breeding place. I find that hard to believe. Maybe they did.

pdfangus":1kbqkbzd said:
We have dogs that not only understand words but have learned to spell.

but then they are aussies so it is to be expected.
yes ~ so is mine!

i think they know you better than anyone. they watch an learn our every move. sit and watch, ask for little, give total unconditional love. mine knows when i cry, even if a single tear falls, he comes to clean my face for me since i cant. he is always in my lap. i think he knows something is wrong with me even tho we got him after the wreck, he has spent hours licking ny hands. they are as close to God-dog as ive seen.