Do you think this can be buffed out???

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
1972 Chevy K20 4x4 16,800 original miles.

Before

9rfp.jpg

After a tree fell the wrong way.

k82n.jpg

What a shame. I always wanted one of those ever since I rode in one in 1978. Good ones with a 4-Bolt main are hard to find. I hope there was no one in it?

I have noticed over the years that falling trees are hard on vehicles. But just cut off what is left of the top of the cab and you have a nice open air ride.

Where is Melking when you need him???????? Melking and his duct tape can fix it right up darn near new... :D :lol: :lol2:

Ouch. Reminds me of my friends restored Barracuda. He lovingly worked on restoring it for years. Leather but and tuck interior, Hurst shift, new motor, beautiful paint job. Within a week of having it on the road a lil old lady t-boned him totaling it. Insurance gave him book value which was nothing.

I redid a 1960 Chevy Impala in the early seventies. I stripped that car down to bare metal, and we did own any power sanders. I fixed a couple of dents and cut out some fender well rust with chisels and hacksaws. I had a friend who worked in the local Cadillac garage, and he agreed to paint it for me for free but the paint bill and shop time amounted to close to 500 dollars. 14 coats of beautiful blue lacquer, you could imagine your self diving into the paint job. Very first night out, I was at church for the Wednesday night service and a brand new 1972 Cadillac rear ended the chevy while it was parked at the curb. Both cars were totaled, but I drove the chevy home, drilled a hole through the biggest dent, attached a chain to a telephone pole and laid rubber. Dent and bumper popped out and back in place and I drove the car for several more years. I loved that car and then one day I was stopped at an intersection and the entire front end just collapsed in the street. A sad day for me.

That is a real shame on that truck.. though there are people out there who can do amazing things, and this truck didn't have any rust to deal with.. Trees always fall the wrong way!

I'm just repainting my truck right now, I have the cab off the frame, I've cleaned the engine bay, fenders, and everything... Hope no trees fall on it for a good while after!

Wished I still had my 70 Chevy.
Rebuilt the engine BIL heck of a painter put a custom paint job emerald green and white top.
It was mint I completely rebuilt all the controls got them from an outfit out of Oklahoma.
It was the the "Camper Special" had 60 gallon gas capacity one 20 gallon regular tank and two saddle tanks.
A guy came by and offered me a bundle for it and my dumb ass sold it. Had it up till a few years ago.
That and my Massey 135 shouldn't have sold that one either one of the few with power steering and hydraulics.