Do you think things will change between the world and China?

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
china-exports.png

There is no debate, China has become the world's factory.
There is no debate, China has developed tremendous influence and power all around the world.

Do you think anything will change between the USA and CCP?

We have a trade war going on right now with China, at least standing up to them and trying to change things for the better. I think it will help in the long run, but will take time. I think the trade war has hurt them far more than us. With the trade war hopefully the tariffs it will make our goods produced more attractive and even the playing field as China does not play fair.

jltrent said:
We have a trade war going on right now with China, at least standing up to them and trying to change things for the better for the USA. I think it will help in the long run, but will take time. I think the trade war has hurt them far more than us. With the trade war hopefully the tariffs it will make our goods produced more attractive and even the playing field as China does not play fair.

I will agree it has hurt our farming industries at least in the short run. IT has had very little effect on the cattle industry as they bought very little before the tariffs. What is hurting the cattle industry is the chain between the producer and retailer right now.

I have not looked at the numbers, but I bet we import more CHina produced goods than the rest of the world combined, so if we can even the playing field some it will help the USA and hurt China.
China needs us more than we need China

Country's percentage of total Chinese exports.

United States: US$418.6 billion (16.8% of China's total exports)
Hong Kong: $279.6 billion (11.2%)
Japan: $143.2 billion (5.7%)
South Korea: $111 billion (4.4%)
Vietnam: $98 billion (3.9%)
Germany: $79.7 billion (3.2%)
India: $74.9 billion (3%)
Netherlands: $73.9 billion (3%)
United Kingdom: $62.3 billion (2.5%)
Taiwan: $55.1 billion (2.2%)
Singapore: $55 billion (2.2%)
Malaysia: $52.5 billion (2.1%)
Russia: $49.5 billion (2%)
Australia: $48.1 billion (1.9%)
Mexico: $46.4 billion (1.9%)

I bet a lot of Hong Kong's imports from China are then resold as China uses them as a backdoor. I have bought several items from Hong Kong and they were China made.

There was a business here run by Chinese that put a sign up saying something against the Chinese government, all their trade was stopped and they were vandalised. The owners said spys from China live ecerywhere and can shut you down even in other countries. Scary. A local politician wrote a letter over a year ago about Chinas dominance and it needs to be countered, he copped a lot of trouble for that. See if i can find a link. Australia would be screwed without Chinese sales of our mining products.

A very good letter and starts of with the Bush era.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/we-must-see-china-the-opportunities-and-the-threats-with-clear-eyes-20190807-p52eon.html

I think things started to change before this virus hit in China, their own people couldn't even afford to by their own products even the upper or middle class, they have a hard enough time paying for food and rent, the backlash when this is over will not be good for them, other countries are already turning away from them.

Only way to win is make it tough enough so that they turn on each other and have a civil war for a good 5 or 6 years. Let them cut their population in half.

But how many countries can afford to not buy their crap and not sell them crap.

China has a ticking bomb in NK if Kim is not alright. That country may come unglued and start fleeing to China.

Redgully said:
A very good letter and starts of with the Bush era.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/we-must-see-china-the-opportunities-and-the-threats-with-clear-eyes-20190807-p52eon.html

From your article, and America could very easily be used where it says Australia

The next decade will test our democratic values, our economy, our alliances and our security like no other time in Australian history.

Redgully said:
There was a business here run by Chinese that put a sign up saying something against the Chinese government, all their trade was stopped and they were vandalised. The owners said spys from China live ecerywhere and can shut you down even in other countries. Scary. A local politician wrote a letter over a year ago about Chinas dominance and it needs to be countered, he copped a lot of trouble for that. See if i can find a link. Australia would be screwed without Chinese sales of our mining products.

That is why I do not think things will change, we (Australia and USA) are addicted to trade with China.

Everything is made in China. Almost everything you pick up says made in China. Current administration has been trying to rectify this.

If China said we are not going to export anything to the US, they would have by the yin yan (may not be correct word usage).

Don't know about the US consumer not buying cheap chinese stuff, but I would be more than happy to buy Made in America, and put folks to work here producing stuff to be used here.

Chinas economy was on the backslide before this hit, if you think this is going to help, then your misguided, there a country of smoke and mirrors, there glass has broken and they will not recover from this, their a country that was built on stealing technology and cheap labor, and this virus sits on their front door, they failed again.

One can only hope. As far as the US is concerned we can shut the door on China and never look back if we really wanted to. We have the ability to manufacture anything we need here and/or with other allies that we can maintain a better more trusting relationship with. The biggest advantage we have is we can feed ourselves where China cannot. They need our money and our food to survive. Any leverage China has on us we the people and politicians in this country have gift wrapped for them or exists only in our head with the thought that we can't live without the cheap crap they make. Made in America should mean something again and a higher cost isn't a higher cost if all that money stays right here in our economy. Cheap is the most expensive thing you can buy in just about everything. Look what it has cost us now.

haase said:
Chinas economy was on the backslide before this hit, if you think this is going to help, then your misguided, there a country of smoke and mirrors, there glass has broken and they will not recover from this, their a country that was built on stealing technology and cheap labor, and this virus sits on their front door, they failed again.

Victor Davis Hanson on China

We all say that we have to decouple from China and I agree.

We all say that China is a communist dictatorship yeah we knew that some people apparently didn't but it's a wounded monster and they're very dangerous.

I think that a US company if they sit next week says I want to decouple my ventilator company or whatever it is they're going to lose the factory value they're going to lose their capital they're going to get expropriated and they're not going to be able to take anything out of China

I think they're going to gradually absorb Hong Kong we're already seeing that now this week that they're cracking down on Hong Kong

They've already renamed these islands around the Spratly Islands and they've renamed them with Chinese names

They've already violated the no yield international agreement not to test low-level nuclear weapons they were been doing that last week

It starts to look like they're saying you know what we're enemy number one in the world and there's no way we can appease these people because we killed everybody so that we'll see how tough they are and how all of his humanitarian sound when we crack down on them because we have nothing but contempt for the post-modern west and that's what I think we're looking at in the next month or two.

The problem is desire. We need to *want* these things. The problem is inertia. We need to want these things more than we want to prevent these things. The problem is regulatory capture. We need to want new companies to build these things, even if incumbents don't like it, even if only to force the incumbents to build these things. And the problem is will. We need to build these things.

And we need to separate the imperative to build these things from ideology and politics. Both sides need to contribute to building.

https://a16z.com/2020/04/18/its-time-to-build/

In the 1970s, businesses turned their eyes from innovation to efficiency. As the post-war boom came to an end and American firms faced increased foreign competition (particularly from Japan), they resorted to cost-cutting and financial engineering in order to stay competitive. Though innovation and efficiency are not mutually exclusive, research and development — especially breakthrough, early-stage research — decreases profit margins in the short term. Firms accordingly deemphasized new product development in favor of streamlining existing businesses.

http://www2.itif.org/2018-us-business-rd.pdf

Latest posts