Do you think I should be worried

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyRam

Reaction score
WE took our MF 1135 in to have the hydraulics worked on, and have the clutch replaced. This is what they found when the dropped the filter out of the tractor. I did notice that the last time I ran that tractor, if you push hard on the brakes you can hear some grinding, but I am not sure what side. Dad runs this tractor more than I do. The mechanic was going to clean out the filter then retest the pressures. Be fore they were only getting 7psi, I guess they are supposed to have 11psi.

It looks pretty bad to me.

filter on mf1135.jpg

Looks brass like a bushing, thrust washer, syncro, etc.

I wouldn't let that leave my shop until I knew where it was from, replaced it, all the debris was removed, oil and filter changed, and tested out.

No was I could stand behind my work if "I just cleaned the filter, put oil in and tested pressure".

That looks like a suction side hyd strainer. Does it not have a replaceable paper/fiber filter as well?
I don't know. I would think it should. I didn't take it apart. I also have not heard from them since they took that picture. They were going to make sure we had enough pressure before we went any father on this thing. They thought the charge pump was probably ok. I am hopeful that it is, getting parts for a 47 year old tractor might a challenge.

Looks brass like a bushing, thrust washer, syncro, etc.

I wouldn't let that leave my shop until I knew where it was from, replaced it, all the debris was removed, oil and filter changed, and tested out.

No was I could stand behind my work if "I just cleaned the filter, put oil in and tested pressure".
This!!

Something is broken. Needs fixed .
Changing the fluid ain't gonna fix it

I agree with the above posts. Don't put it back together and run it. More damage will result. Keep looking for what caused that mess and fix it.

The mechanic wanted to make sure that the pumps was good. He is pretty sure it is in the transmission. I'm not sure we want to put that much money into a tractor that is almost 50 years old. I would hate pull it apart and not be able to find parts for it.

I don't know. I would think it should. I didn't take it apart. I also have not heard from them since they took that picture. They were going to make sure we had enough pressure before we went any father on this thing. They thought the charge pump was probably ok. I am hopeful that it is, getting parts for a 47 year old tractor might a challenge.
If it's like my Massey, that's the only hydraulic filter

It is going to go down the road. We are in the process of looking for another loader tractor. I have a 2015 Massey Ferguson 6615 located in Colorado. It has 5400 hrs on it, but I think it is priced a little high; $59,000. It looks like a pretty clean tractor. We are going to go back to see if we can make a deal on it later this week.

I looked at a 5250 Case IH, and it was hammered; I could not get the front end to engage, and the grapple was not even hooked up. The seat was broken, the bucket was very wore. It looked like the maintenance was lacking. They wanted $37,000 for that POS.

Latest posts