Do you pick up hitch hikers?

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't seen one in a couple years but I do when I see them. The heat helps.

Edit. I picked them up before I carried also.

Craig Miller":1ateggl7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ateggl7 said:
Nope, never have, never intend to.

No wonder you guys need guns. Inviting trouble will lead to problems.

See if I pick you up next time.

Lol, if you see me walking down the highway with my thumb out do me a favor and run me over, put me out of my misery.

True Grit Farms":11qms3c5 said:
The packing heat thread got me thinking about hitch hikers. I don't pick up hitch hikers and haven't for years now.
Haven't picked up a hitch hiker in ages. My how times have changed. Freshman year at Aggieland I hitch hiked home every time I came home then hitch hiked back. Seldom had to wait over 10-15 minutes for a ride and rode in everything in the world from a DPS cruiser to an old pickup truck with side frames on it and about a 300 lb. sow in it. Never had any problems. I was usually wearing a ROTC uniform which probably helped some.

I have but not since I picked up a young woman stranded in the middle of US 62. After she got in the car, it was clear she was on drugs.

If I see someone broke down I will stop and give a ride if needed, but if it's just someone trying to hitch a ride I don't. Sad that the world is where you can't trust a lot of people, but that's the way it is unfortunately.

In days gone by I almost always picked up hitchhikers, occasionally passed on a couple when the situation seemed to
make it prudent. Never ever had a problem. Haven't seen a hitchhiker in a few years. Now a days everyone has a cell phone to call someone when they are in trouble is probably why hitchhikers are rare now. That or today's snowflakes lack the adventure of previous generations snowflakes.

Used to hitch rides a lot myself when younger, And picked them up for years after that. Seems cell phones have killed that practice off more so nowadays. Hardly see someone with their thumb up. Still see people walking the highways, but they have their heads down and back to traffic.

can't remember the last time I saw anyone riding their thumb. The people at entry ramps with a piece of cardboard with a destination on it are even scarce anymore. Years ago I thumbed around a great deal and later picked up hikers. After a spate of women claiming they were assaulted when picked up hiking I quit picking up anybody unless it was a nice day and I made them ride in the bed of the truck.

i saw a kid with a bent rim / tire off on his bike walking it down a road. no other houses around for about a mile+ .. I was goign the opposite way and had a full cattle trailer or I would of picked him up ..

Latest posts