Do you like fried squash?

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you like fried squash?

• No, I have more respect for my body than to ruin perfectly good vegetables by cooking them in fat.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Never tried it.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Depends on whether the squash was grown organically or not and the type of greese used to fry it.

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Yes. I believe it is manna from heaven and the greese will acclimate my body to cholesterol thus ma

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • No can do. I played it at Yale and think it an impossibility to eat it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jogeephus":wpxeff2y said:
I think Gibbens would eat pine cones and stuff like that too. Fresh asparagus is pretty expensive here. About $3 a bunch. Just don't seem right to buy it when the ditch is full of it and free for the taking. Best time to get it is about a week after the DOT mows the ROW.

That doesn't happen till July or November around here. Something to do with the pretty weeds that are supposed to be reseeding.

1982vett":1sucnm3k said:
Jogeephus":1sucnm3k said:
I think Gibbens would eat pine cones and stuff like that too. Fresh asparagus is pretty expensive here. About $3 a bunch. Just don't seem right to buy it when the ditch is full of it and free for the taking. Best time to get it is about a week after the DOT mows the ROW.

That doesn't happen till July or November around here. Something to do with the pretty weeds that are supposed to be reseeding.

They mow fairly regular here. I think its some spillover money from I75 construction. I think we get about a mile of 75 paved every two years. They say they are going to have 75 completed before the Olympics are held in Atlanta. Of course this was held several years ago but that really beside the point.

Have they ever finished that resurfacing and lane widening they've been working on thru Tifton since forever?

ga. prime":c0msnekx said:
Have they ever finished that resurfacing and lane widening they've been working on thru Tifton since forever?

I went through Tifton the other day and best I can remember all the barrels start just north of Tifton and go on and on for quite some time. During my drive I can't recall seeing the first construction worker.

MosesR":26ychzan said:
We love it fried! We also steam it with any other fresh veggies we have at the time. I think the butter and salt kind of negates the fact that it was cooked "healthy" :nod:

I like it that way too. Especially if you use real butter. :nod:

My favorite way to cook it when there's not enough time to fry is slice it thin sprinkle it with greek seasoning and pepper and pop it in the microwave. Tastes heavenly.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":10h4txdq said:
Also, quicky - slice up thin, mix in olive oil & garlic - cook in micro.
I LOVE fried zuchini - just hate cooking it.
Slice it up lengthwise with some sweet red pepper, onion, little slt and pepper and a little olive oil and throw it on a George Foreman. Cooks quick and easy.