Do you know what this is?

Help Support CattleToday:

RanchMan90":24clqv7x said:
A bug collector for a population study

You may be right. When they were doing the Ash Wood Borer study here they had devices like that up off the ground.

Must be some big axx bugs is all I can say.

The ones I've seen TAMU place in the National Forest were made from 6" dia PVC pipe..

greybeard":2qxlnbmx said:
Must be some big axx bugs is all I can say.

The ones I've seen TAMU place in the National Forest were made from 6" dia PVC pipe..

GB

Acts like a minnow trap. I cannot tell the diameter. The ones they had here were smaller. But they were just like that. The insect flies in and finally falls out to the bottom.

Few years ago, got to noticing some purple box looking things in trees along the roads. Finally heard somebody say they were to catch emerald ash borers.

Ky hills":xwg3c9lw said:
Few years ago, got to noticing some purple box looking things in trees along the roads. Finally heard somebody say they were to catch emerald ash borers.
Yep, and pretty well by the time they caught any the trees were already damaged.

There was a weather station on a mountain near here years ago and it had a wheel with cup looking things on it. Each time the cup filled it turned the wheel and counted the rainfall. Some teenagers had no idea what it was and spinned the wheel several times. It triggered flash flood warnings on a sunny day.

kenny thomas":10i15zqi said:
Ky hills":10i15zqi said:
Yep, and pretty well by the time they caught any the trees were already damaged.

Every white ash tree in this county is dead or dying.