do you have...

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2gqdpds6 said:
Most that want it---have it :!:
I will disagree with that
I would like to have it but the cheapest we can find is $1200 pr month with a $5,000 deductible and they have so many exclusions that it really only covers major medical
I do have accident and disability insurance though
I had insurance when I was in business and never had a claim on it when I sold out I checked on keeping the insurance and they wanted over $2,000 per month so I just went with my wifes insurance then when she resigned we lost that and we checked all over and we just can't afford it

But OBAMA is gonna gives us all insurance with CHANGE back

Yes, and hope to always have it. I work for insurance primarily and pay second! I have an HMO and love it. It is the cheaper plan, but pays the best of all the ones offered by my employer.

I have two policies. One from Steve's work and one for mine. I file on both. I still had to shuck out 103.00 yesterday for a check up.

I have gone without it before and I seldom use it, but it sure is good to have when something goes wrong. Before yesterday I had not been to a doctor for myself in a couple of years.

The times when I didn't have it I have had the fortune of knowing some good doctors who would work with me, offer payment plans, try to get me as much medication in samples as they could and that sort of thing.

No,I didn't-that's why I had to quit work and go with Medicare/cade...So far all is well-had to have 3 shots to buld up my bloodcells,were 5,000.00 each! Guess without those programs I'da died 'cause I sure couldn't afford that,with not being able to work and all.

I work for the largest privately-owned company in the U.S., and the health care gets worse each year. My monthly premium is relatively small, but I have to pay something around $1000 out of my pocket before the insurance kicks in anything, and then it's just a percentage. The last time I went to a Dr. was 1998, I called in sick on New Year's Eve graveyard shift to go out with some red-head chick and needed a Dr.'s note...

My wife works in a vet's office with a half-dozen or less employees and has absolutely wonderful insurance, go figure.

In Canada we have government health insurance. Costs nothing out of your pocket...I guess they get you through taxes!
I don't know if it is the way to go or not? Seems there is a lot of abuse of the system but you do get fairly good health care without breaking the bank.
I'm old enough to remember the system that was in place before the present one came into being. I don't think it was all that bad? My Dad had a policy through a grain growers co-op that was reasonable. If you went and saw the doctor you paid at the desk in the clinic. If you were in the hospital you paid a small deductable and the insurance picked up the rest.
I doubt you would find many people up here who think private health care would be the way to go.

Yes. I was between jobs 3 years ago for 8 months without it and luckily I did not need it. But it was a concern until I got coverage again as I could not qualify for insurance as an individual even though I was healthy.

Other than mandatory physicals, I have never been to the hospital. My sons have been independent for years. I have always maintained insurance coverage wherever possible until about 4-5 years ago.

While working at the office, I receive many new baby pictures of fellow covered employees. Seems to me, children are being born every where. There are about 14K people with my firm. Since I had twins about 26 years ago, I know what hospitals and doctors charge to have a child.

Then about 5 years ago, insurance rates where going through the roof. We would meet once a year to juggle all the difference coverages, like dental care, health care, etc. At this time one could elect to change coverage. I realized, even though I didn't have any dependent children, I was paying for others to have children. This didn't seem fair to me. If I want heart coverage, I should be able to purchase heart coverage, with an attached price depending upon statistics. Likewise, if I want cancer coverage, I should be able to buy cancer coverage.

Being a gambler by nature, I figured how I could generage $7,500 cash. All I would have to do is cancel my coverage for five years and take a chance nothing would happen. Sure enough nothing happen. I took the $7,500 and invested the money. Over time, it is now worth about $50K.

Alberta farmer":4c36najg said:
In Canada we have government health insurance. Costs nothing out of your pocket...I guess they get you through taxes!
I don't know if it is the way to go or not? Seems there is a lot of abuse of the system but you do get fairly good health care without breaking the bank.
I'm old enough to remember the system that was in place before the present one came into being. I don't think it was all that bad? My Dad had a policy through a grain growers co-op that was reasonable. If you went and saw the doctor you paid at the desk in the clinic. If you were in the hospital you paid a small deductable and the insurance picked up the rest.
I doubt you would find many people up here who think private health care would be the way to go.

We are often told that socialized medicine or a national health insurance would just break us but when I read posts like this it makes me wonder if it would not be a good thing. Don't think it will ever happen here because of lobbyists.

There is a lot of abuse in our system too. Some of it is in what they call coding. The federal gov't has ordered the audits in all states to uncover the "coding errors" after they found huge abuses in the system. My friend works for a hospital and they have quit hiring and may even lay people off cause they are expecting to have to pay several million back in "coding errors".

What do your taxes run?

Latest posts