Do we Produce Anything

Help Support CattleToday:

TB the plants that they are closing.are some that they got in all the companies they bought.an they dont need the plants they closing.lest ways thats what i thought they was doing.but who really knows.

Ya think maybe the Unions might have something to do with labor costs, thus making the domestic products less attractive? :lol:

For some unknown reason I read the label on my jeans the other day....said "Made in Mexico with American made materials". These were "Wranglers". Now that is your "outsourcing" for you.

I bought a roll of field fence last Saturday and it was made in Mexico. Maybe our government thinks by sending our jobs there the Mexicans will stay in Mexico. Just my thoughts :cboy:

My thoughts are we have been producing work for other countries for quite some time now, and getting better every day at it.
Looks like the only jobs that are gonna be left here is the low paying hard labor jobs, and imagrants have them all tied up.(Exept farming and raising beef). We are either to lazy to do do them,can't make a living doing them,or just don't want to do them.Our people we elected to government jobs are making top dollar for their work and will not worry or even try to help the little man until it's too late to help.
When it is time to elect another presidient our economy falls,it just seems to me that every time this happens it takes longer to recover.Im just not sure anyone can straighten out the mess we're in now.
Just my thoughts. Cal

Calman":246jnszr said:
My thoughts are we have been producing work for other countries for quite some time now, and getting better every day at it.
Looks like the only jobs that are gonna be left here is the low paying hard labor jobs, and imagrants have them all tied up.(Exept farming and raising beef). We are either to lazy to do do them,can't make a living doing them,or just don't want to do them.Our people we elected to government jobs are making top dollar for their work and will not worry or even try to help the little man until it's too late to help.
When it is time to elect another presidient our economy falls,it just seems to me that every time this happens it takes longer to recover.Im just not sure anyone can straighten out the mess we're in now.
Just my thoughts. Cal

Cal I agree with about all you said except the president, he is not the problem niether was the one before him or the one after will be either. The problem is that pit of vipers called Congress that writes the laws and stay in office for life. Everyone hates the president in office at the time but loves there pork barrel congressman.

Well, it goes back to the United Nations and the Council of foreign relations agreeing to bringing up 3rd world countries standard of living.... these free trade agreements are meant to export jobs and import goods. The businesses here wanted to break the unions and they are doing that. Japan has 1/2 % interest rate for businesses (they do NOT allow their own people this rate) so they started the Japanese carry trade and that slung money all around the world and is mostly to blame for this mess our country is in now. Japan has no intention of allowing imports and will put tariffs on anything that comes in and drive the business out. They've starved out their own people (they have no population growth, all kids live at home or have multiple families in the house). They keep hollering about China raising the value of their yuan but nothing is said about Japan's yen (and that because businesses want the carry trade to resume (which is detrimental to the USA) .......

The federal reserve has lowered the interest rate so that all these housing loans that reset between now and 2011 (you think this will end this year, ha ha sorry folks this will last until 2011) can have low interest rates........... even though many could not and cannot afford the loan. Unemployment will increase that number as well. We've got the greatest transfer of wealth going on right now ever in history. The poor will be poorer and the rich will get richer.

We import 14% of our GDP and export 12 % of our GDP.......... those numnuts who keep saying export trade from the USA will help immensely towards our trade deficit (since when does 12 get bigger than 14) are sadly mistaken. WE NEED to put import tariffs on everything to equal trade barriers.

Devaluing the dollar so that our trade deficit will go down has all the other countries (China, Japan, Germany, India, Middle East and Europe) plotting how to keep the dollar up so they can export everything. It keeps their own economies going while we go into a 3rd world country status.

Food stamps are on the rise (1 in 10 Ohioans, 1 in 8 Michigan, 1 in 10 New York, etc....) and 7 million Americans are unemployed and it will get worse (and what is Congress doing?? comtemplating adding more HB-1 visas). The federal reserve intends to throw our country into a depression so that we'll stop buying imports (aren't we already busy paying more for fuel, utilities, food, medical ). THE CORRECT approach would be to put import tariffs on everything but Congress is sitting on their thumbs. American companies own the factories in India and China that are importing this junk back here and lobbyists will make sure they keep Congress in their pocket instead of doing what is right for the American people.

I really wonder if this financial fiasco wasn't planned so that they could bring in the North American Union and the Amero. That will bring on more "have nots" and lower wages even more.

Americans cannot consume if they don't have jobs at decent livable wages but no one is addressing that problem........

As a side note: go to http://www.whatdoesitmean.com and read about the GMO seeds causing death of bees, so I'm leary about that being good for consumption.

Caustic Burno":12u9m7eq said:
Calman":12u9m7eq said:
Just my thoughts. Cal

Cal I agree with about all you said except the president, he is not the problem niether was the one before him or the one after will be either. The problem is that pit of vipers called Congress that writes the laws and stay in office for life. Everyone hates the president in office at the time but loves there pork barrel congressman.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I didn't mean it being the presidients fault.I meant about every 7 to 8 years we get in this shape and usaly it's around election time. Being 65 yr old I know I cant think as fast and I forget easier than when a young man. So I know some of them ol 75 and 80 yr old congressmen are not what they should be or not what they were at the time the took office. Maby their should be an age limit.
But I rekon i'm like most people I see all the problems but have no answers.Could give a lot of suggestions though.

Just ramblin. Cal

Caustic after a lot of searching on this subject,my answer to your question is,about the only thing we produce in the USA is callgirls and beer.

Cal

Calman":2una1s74 said:
Caustic after a lot of searching on this subject,my answer to your question is,about the only thing we produce in the USA is callgirls and beer.

Cal

You forgot BS knee deep to a tall Indian from Washington and the media.

Latest posts