do steaks come from cows

Help Support CattleToday:

thekeep":3mxynnm9 said:
where do the steaks come from
do they come from cows
tomn
I don't know if this guy is serious; but if he/she is serious he /she needs education. This is what we are looking at with the majority of the American public. They think that food comes from the grocery store. And now most of it is already cooked.
Yes, steaks can come from cows, hfrs, steers, bulls sheep, hogs, whatever.

la4angus":1e7mokpg said:
thekeep":1e7mokpg said:
do they come from cows
tomn
I don't know if this guy is serious; but if he/she is serious he /she needs education. This is what we are looking at with the majority of the American public. They think that food comes from the grocery store. And now most of it is already cooked.
Yes, steaks can come from cows, hfrs, steers, bulls sheep, hogs, whatever.

I fully agree la4angus! Either this person is trying to jerk our string or he/she was absent that day at school where they learned all the useful, practical things that make a well-rounded human, able to survive in the world.

What are they teaching at school or parents teaching at home nowadays? Anything practical or useful? God help us if the electricity gets turned off or we run out of batteries for all of our handheld electronic phones and other hi-tech gadgets! :shock: :roll:

thekeep":34lj9mai said:
do they come from cows
tomn

Yes, beef steaks come from cows, along with thousands of other useful things like: glue (items made with synthetic glue can't be recycled), paint, wallboard in your home, asphalt in road, concrete blocks, electrical transmission, insulin for diabetics.... it's a very long list).

Here's a link to read more about what we use from animals besides steaks:

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/neareaoffice/a ... oducts.htm

I think that the guy is pulling our leg. If they can find this website they already know enough to figure out steaks come from cows.

Anonymous":2z6py9p4 said:
I think that the guy is pulling our leg. If they can find this website they already know enough to figure out steaks come from cows.
That guy that posted the website is Frankie and she ain't pilling nobodys leg.
If you're talking about the person that posted the original question; all he/she has to do is click on the link.

I agree with ya'll that we have a real problem with a lot of people not understanding where their food comes from, but I think that a post of this caliber had to come out of Oregon. There are easier paces to trace down where steaks come from. Evidently somebody knew to look for cattle...

If it really is a young child asking a serious question.....then yes steaks do come from cows....as do footballs and a lot of the recliners you sit in to watch football and a lot of the shoes the guys playing football are wearing.

J Baxter":3okjuaai said:
I agree with ya'll that we have a real problem with a lot of people not understanding where their food comes from, but I think that a post of this caliber had to come out of Oregon.

:?: Why Oregon :?: Have I missed something :?: I would think somewhere with big cities like new york or chicago, not that small and medium sized ones don't have the same lack of knowledge.

Being from Oregon, I too ask why Oregon? Do I have a bloody nose and not know it yet? I too think some kid, teenage started the post and is watching and snickering about it.

Alan":oepilna4 said:
missed it

it wasn't directed at you. we had a poster from oregon for a while w/some really far-out ideas & beliefs (to put it nicely :D )

I love oregon great place...but yea, lots of screwed up thoughts come out of Oregon...too many damn liberals. ie., Oregon just past a law where all school zones posted 35 mph and lower you must go 20 mph through them 24 hrs a day 365 a year. I'm waiting for the first ticket for doing 27 mph at 5 am on a August morning. I get the joke now.

My opinion,
Alan

Alan":1nr87wuh said:
I love oregon great place...but yea, lots of screwed up thoughts come out of Oregon...too many be nice liberals. ie., Oregon just past a law where all school zones posted 35 mph and lower you must go 20 mph through them 24 hrs a day 365 a year. I'm waiting for the first ticket for doing 27 mph at 5 am on a August morning. I get the joke now.

My opinion,
Alan

why don't they just change the speed limit through them? sounds like a trap for out-of-towners or out-of-staters.

txag,

It could only be a revenue earning law, what purpose could it have? It's a trap for everyone, local and out of staters. Remember also, our largest county council members (Portland) allowed gay marriages even though it was against state law... our gut less governor made no decision on it, right or wrong, other counties (not recognizing gay marriages) forced the sec of state to turn it over to the state supreme courts. Oh yea, now I get the joke.

Alan

Alan":drhq0a4b said:
txag,

It could only be a revenue earning law, what purpose could it have? It's a trap for everyone, local and out of staters. Remember also, our largest county council members (Portland) allowed gay marriages even though it was against state law... our gut less governor made no decision on it, right or wrong, other counties (not recognizing gay marriages) forced the sec of state to turn it over to the state supreme courts. Oh yea, now I get the joke.

Alan

well, once again we are way off the original topic (hope the topic police don't get us :D ), but here in texas we recently had a law passed that could fit in the same category. if a police officer has someone pulled over on the highway, you must slow to 20 mph below the speed limit or move over at least one lane (or some similar wording). i understand the law & don't have a problem with it. i agree that it's dangerous for the officers to be standing on the shoulder with traffic passing at 70 mph, but i'm not sure how they expect out-of-staters to know this kind of law. :roll:

In georgia they passed a law saying that you have to get into the far left lane whenever there is an "emergency vehichle" (which also means a cop car) on the side of the road. a few problems: 1) how are out of staters to know? 2) what if the emergency vehicle is on the left shoulder of an interstate? 3) the left lane is the "fast" lane or either the "carpool" lane depending on where you are in the state. we had a law for years against windows on vehicles being tinted too dark but they just did away with that one b/c they couldnt apply it to out of state vehicles.

Latest posts