Do not walk up on me !!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I do not know if you all seen the live stream of facebook killing where an A.H walks up on a 74 year old man and shoots him in the face after asking him to say his girlfriends name. I have never let strangers walk up on me and this is a reinforcement as to why. I pulled my gun on someone that walked up on me in walmart because he came up behind me while I was loading my truck. The video of this man getting killed is on facebook and is terrible. Does anyone else feel this way and react the same as I do ?

STORY

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/17/us/clevel ... index.html

Nope. You can walk up and shoot me at anytime I guess. But I sure don't live my life in fear of others.
And I've never had anything bad happen so far, so to me strangers are just friends I've yet to meet.

I don't think pulling my pistol on everyone who walks up to me is a good idea.

This particular case, I feel his trial should be nothing more than a short investigation to confirm the video is not counterfeit.
Then he should be dragged to death at a slow speed through town and it posted on Facebook.

Pulling a gun and not using it will get you killed. A few weeks ago I made a wrong turn and ended up in a bad spot. I put my truck pistol in my lap just in case. I made a sharp turn and there was 2 guys walking down the middle of the street with revolvers in their hands. My wife grabbed her Judge and my daughter was in the back seat flipping out. I just went around them without an issue, but I feel there's a couple of thugs that don't know how lucky they are. And it was a real wake up call for all of us but especially for my daughter.
In a self-defense situation your not supposed to draw on a gun that's pointed at you. You are dead on about someone walking up behind you, I don't like it either.

Maybe they were two innocent guys who saw a strange vehicle driving around their neighborhood so they pulled their revolvers. Now they are on a website telling people how they chased a thug out of the neighborhood, and how he doesn't know how lucky he is. :)

Was natural reaction as it was dark and I was loading my truck back turned I pulled it out the holster didn't actually point it at the guy but had it out the holster and in my hand not that it makes it any better. I agree you shouldn't but also think people should give people space.

ChrisB":33vqad8d said:
Maybe they were two innocent guys who saw a strange vehicle driving around their neighborhood so they pulled their revolvers. Now they are on a website telling people how they chased a thug out of the neighborhood, and how he doesn't know how lucky he is. :)

Nah I reckon besides several firearms, and a couple tons of ammo. Grit also had several knifes, a baseball bat, brass knuckles, pepper spray , a barrel of arsenic and a rape whistle.

You just gotta wear a hoodie so he can't see your ears.... :hat: :mrgreen:

True Grit Farms":1h0m6tf9 said:
Pulling a gun and not using it will get you killed. A few weeks ago I made a wrong turn and ended up in a bad spot. I put my truck pistol in my lap just in case. I made a sharp turn and there was 2 guys walking down the middle of the street with revolvers in their hands. My wife grabbed her Judge and my daughter was in the back seat flipping out. I just went around them without an issue, but I feel there's a couple of thugs that don't know how lucky they are. And it was a real wake up call for all of us but especially for my daughter.
In a self-defense situation your not supposed to draw on a gun that's pointed at you. You are dead on about someone walking up behind you, I don't like it either.

Your story is pretty creepy. I would have hit reverse and gotten the he// out of there.

ChrisB":25w8vfng said:

Wrong, I was driving through a neighborhood that the taxpayers paid for. And I don't wear my britches down past my but, or walk down the middle of the street either. I don't guess a liberal can understand facts.
They were Innocent for sure, as they have as much right as I do to open carry. I have never opened carried a pistol, and don't plan to. The point I was making was for Sky, if that would of been a cop that walked up behind him, it could of got real bad real quick.

Bestoutwest":2vyai0xh said:
True Grit Farms":2vyai0xh said:

Your story is pretty creepy. I would have hit reverse and gotten the he// out of there.

I can honestly say that thought never crossed my mind.
Fenceman, I'm not quite that prepared.

True Grit Farms":5i5k9w7d said:
ChrisB":5i5k9w7d said:

Wrong, I was driving through a neighborhood that the taxpayers paid for. And I don't wear my britches down past my but, or walk down the middle of the street either. I don't guess a liberal can understand facts.
They were Innocent for sure, as they have as much right as I do to open carry. I have never opened carried a pistol, and don't plan to. The point I was making was for Sky, if that would of been a cop that walked up behind him, it could of got real bad real quick.
Bet they were walking down to the shooting range.

TexasBred":3jq0b82i said:
True Grit Farms":3jq0b82i said:
ChrisB":3jq0b82i said:

Bet they were walking down to the shooting range.

my guess is that you were driving on the shooting range...

Either things are a lot badder in other parts of this country or we have a lot of paranoid people. I was all over the western USA when I was rodeoing and have spent time in bars on Indian reservations and bush towns in Alaska where I fight might happen at any moment. I have kicked a butt or two and had mine kicked a time or three. But I never felt the need to pack or my life threatened. My brother retired from the Seattle PD after 30 plus years. In all that time he only pulled his pistol out of the holster once.

Dave":cl3dfzzw said:
Either things are a lot badder in other parts of this country or we have a lot of paranoid people. I was all over the western USA when I was rodeoing and have spent time in bars on Indian reservations and bush towns in Alaska where I fight might happen at any moment. I have kicked a butt or two and had mine kicked a time or three. But I never felt the need to pack or my life threatened. My brother retired from the Seattle PD after 30 plus years. In all that time he only pulled his pistol out of the holster once.

Dave, I think in all honesty you do not truly realize how bad it is out in other places. I do also believe in all fairness to answer there is paranoid people and it is extremely bad in other places. However, Even in the nicest places crazy folks can get stupid.

Dave":13t854h1 said:
Me either Dave. It's in the console. That's it. Been there for 20 years.

As far as someone" walking up on me"
I d be a lot more worried about the guy 20 feet away pulling some shut than the guy close enough for me to reach him. Not claiming to be a badazz but I'm still pretty stout.

And if anyone sees me wearing my pants down past my butt....I didn't put em there.
They just get that way sometimes.

callmefence":11rf6ygl said:
As far as someone" walking up on me"
I d be a lot more worried about the guy 20 feet away pulling some shut than the guy close enough for me to reach him. Not claiming to be a badazz but I'm still pretty stout.

And if anyone sees me wearing my pants down past my butt....I didn't put em there.
They just get that way sometimes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you too??? It's he// when you don't have an azzzzz. :lol: :clap: