Do ladies drive tractors?

Help Support CattleToday:

BARNSCOOP":ochkv5ul said:
Well,
He is the man of the house and he LOVES big machinery so we are called to assigning tractors....I get the smaller of the two. But when he is at work I sneak and use his tractor sometimes. I am his helper not his boss....that would be GOD. So, I wait for him to teach me something new to do and then do it as best I can. You can get alot done when you work as a team but we can tell when we have had enough work and not enough rest cause the hammers start flyin over the stupid stuff.
I think in general women as a whole (Northern and Southern) don't do alot of farm work because they don't like it. They are busy with careers and office jobs. Somebody somewhere has taught a generation of women that staying home with your children, cooking for your family and being your husbands wife wasn't good enough. You have to have an outside career to have an identity and be fulfilled. If you don't do it there way ..well your just uneducated and shameful.
I'll say it LOUD. One of the most important things a woman will ever do is to raise her children in a loving home where they see her devotion to them and there father. What ever form that comes in.

My wife would be more than willing to drive a tractor and did one time when I was hospitalized. She put out hay for all the cows for almost a week, but that's it!!!!! Her one job is to breed the cattle. The rest of the jobs or problems are mine and I refuse to let her get out there and get hurt trying to help. She does keep the cattle records and pays bills but otherwise she's free to go/come/do whatever she wants.

i started off driving the small ford tractor for my gramps. disking feilds to plant grass on. i progressed to the john deere loader pulling up brush and stuff. thanks to gramps i can make a little extra money on the side for the few watermelon guys i know by pulling busses loaded with watermelons thorugh the feilds. i worked for about a week with my boyfriend and his dad at their mellon feild. it's hard work pulling mellon busses thorugh the mud but it's better than sitting around.

peg4x4":1u154wyp said:
I'm telling you,Texas ladies do anything needs doing,and look good doing it :pretty:

Yes, I drive tractors, build fence, work cows, feed cows,plant a garden, put up the produce, field dress a deer, split logs etc. Oh, yeah, I cook, clean, do the laundry and sew too. At our house, I'm the first one up in the morning and the last one to bed in the evening. If it needs doing, I do it.

Texas Gal":1vn2x6nw said:
peg4x4":1vn2x6nw said:
I'm telling you,Texas ladies do anything needs doing,and look good doing it :pretty:

Yes, I drive tractors, build fence, work cows, feed cows,plant a garden, put up the produce, field dress a deer, split logs etc. Oh, yeah, I cook, clean, do the laundry and sew too. At our house, I'm the first one up in the morning and the last one to bed in the evening. If it needs doing, I do it.
A farmer works from sun to sun but a womens work is never done

dun":yrzm4wni said:
Texas Gal":yrzm4wni said:
peg4x4":yrzm4wni said:

A farmer works from sun to sun but a womens work is never done

Amen to all that! With of course the exception of that sewing stuff.

theys a gal around from me, who was raised up operating a dozer,backhoe, bobcat driving a dump truck,all this with a cigarette in the side of her mouth, don't know about her love life though, she cant seem to keep a husband :p

alacattleman":tef8mcki said:
theys a gal around from me, who was raised up operating a dozer,backhoe, bobcat driving a dump truck,all this with a cigarette in the side of her mouth, don't know about her love life though, she cant seem to keep a husband :p

Could be that cigarette. During times of "passion" she probably lays there puffing that cigarette looking at the ceiling saying "Beige, Beige....we need to paint the ceiling beige"... :lol2:

TexasBred":20440q7a said:
alacattleman":20440q7a said:

Could be that cigarette. During times of "passion" she probably lays there puffing that cigarette looking at the ceiling saying "Beige, Beige....we need to paint the ceiling beige"... :lol2:
if her home is anything like her brothers, i doubt she worrys much about it
:cowboy:

The youngest daughter does everything and anything that needs to be done. The only problem she has is I have a New Holland tractor with a cut out switch under the seat. She is too light (110) so if she doesn't sit just right the tractor will die on her. Boy that does make her mad. If I know she is going to be running that tractor I hang a weight off the back of the seat for her.

Latest posts