Do-it-yourself Web Site?

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity....

Cattletoday.com offers a selection of web design packages which are explained more fully here:
http://cattletoday.com/webdesign.htm
These are full service packages for people who don't want to fool with web design. In fact, you don't even need a computer. They include 120 showings per day of a custom ad banner like the one at the top of this page, submission to all major search engines, updates, etc.

My question...

How many people would be interested in a do-it-yourself site with up to 10 pages and say 25 pictures, 3 or 4 email accounts, including your own domain name like yourchoice.com and SiteBuilder that lets you design and update your site with no more computer knowledge than is required to be a Registered user of this Board. No ads or any of the picture linking problems with free sites.

Cost? Probably $199/year ($16.66/month).

M Gravlee":ugv6n0wn said:

Cattletoday.com offers a selection of web design packages which are explained more fully here:
These are full service packages for people who don't want to fool with web design. In fact, you don't even need a computer. They include 120 showings per day of a custom ad banner like the one at the top of this page, submission to all major search engines, updates, etc.

My question...

How many people would be interested in a do-it-yourself site with up to 10 pages and say 25 pictures, 3 or 4 email accounts, including your own domain name like yourchoice.com and SiteBuilder that lets you design and update your site with no more computer knowledge than is required to be a Registered user of this Board. No ads or any of the picture linking problems with free sites.

it's me, txag.....didn't sign in (& it wouldn't let me use txag as a guest because it said the name was already taken). if i didn't already have a site, that sounds like it would be a pretty good deal to me. fairly reasonable except that the price you quoted is, of course, on top of what anyone is already paying for internet service. for anyone not raising registered cattle or targeting specific audiences, i think you would have to consider why you want a site. if it's worth the cost to show off your pics or to link them to this site, then no problem. if you're not using it to increase your business, it might not be worth it.

anyway, if you do want a site for whatever reason, it sounds like the deal macon is proposing is a pretty good one.

M Gravlee":1f76yp4x said:

My question...

even that 90% of the costumers for my registered herds are South the US Border including Central America and north South America, I think that it will be profitable to have this webpage for the US market and the price is very reasonable.

Alex delaGarza wrote {quote} "even that 90% of the costumers for my registered herds are South the US Border including Central America and north South America, I think that it will be profitable to have this webpage for the US market and the price is very reasonable."

These web sites are read by people all over the world. US of A, Australia, South America, Mexico, Canada, etc. $200.00 per year is a real good price.

Macon,
What would be the cost to put these individual websites on the
CattleToday web site?

la4angus":49i3ws4r said:
Alex delaGarza wrote {quote} "even that 90% of the costumers for my registered herds are South the US Border including Central America and north South America, I think that it will be profitable to have this webpage for the US market and the price is very reasonable."

These web sites are read by people all over the world. US of A, Australia, South America, Mexico, Canada, etc. $200.00 per year is a real good price.
I know and it worth it, I'm selling Limousin bulls to a rancher in South Texas, maybe in the future I could sell of other breeds too. I have sold Romagnolas, Simbrahs and Canchim (Charbray) to Central and South America and they are very interested in Tarentaise and Normande. This market is the main reason that is why I'm very interested in developing a Simbrangus crossbred, maybe it will fullfill a niche of market I could get in Southeast Mexico and South the Mexican border for the comercial breeder.

I highly recommend a web site for your cattle operation. I run 2 sites ( http://www.lazyhillranch.com and http://www.semkinlonghorn.com ), one for myself and another for a business associate. It is the primary way we sell our longhorns. But then again, most people looking for longhorns are looking for a handful to put in a small pasture and just stare at year after year. These folks tend to surf the web regularly and have excess disposable income.

I do not have a web site for my Brangus cattle but have thought of adding one so that our neighbors know we have cattle. It can sometimes be difficult for beginners to find people nearby who have the seedstock they want. A web site is a great way to advertize.

I might be interested in something to advertise colts and horses on- except it would have to be simple-simple , as computer illiterate as I am.

I have such a low budget myself that I couldn't even afford that. I've had real problems with my free geocities one and can't get any new pics to load I would love to get a decent one that I could keep updated. But don't look like I will be able to for a while.

Our 2 websites aren't cheap; however, they aren't outrageous considering our operating budget. We average about 20 hits a day and most of our sales come from our websites. We do not link to the BIG search engines (on purpose anyway) since we don't want to encourage excessive spam from the shysters out there. We do advertise our sites and our domain email addresses on all of our paid advertising spots and other promotional pieces, plus our business cards.

On a perhaps "light" side...I think we get most of our trash spam (thanks to the search engine "spiders") from our http://www...longHORNs dot com site...nothing seems to filter out all those "enhancement," etc., trash advs.

Welcome to the 21st Century!

M Gravlee":1gq3hi9k said:
My question...

Yes, I would be interested in something like that. If there was something with a basic design that I could maintain, that would be preferable for me, that way I could change pictures and text as often as I wanted.

M Gravlee said:

My question...

Funny you should ask, I've been considering moving my free website to cattletoday, but the cost and domain name option made it unfeasible. If you offered the above package I would become an instant customer.

I can't tell you how many of these sites I have signed up for. I have yet to find one that is really for computer illiterate people they just get your money and forget you, their job is done, they got me to send money to them. They don't even know how to talk to someone like me, they may as well talk chinese I guess I'm just a sucker cause I'v spent thousands of dollars on such things and have not made my first nickle and finally don't expect to. :mad: :!: :(

crusherbear,

I agree with you that if a person is completely computer illiterate they need to hire someone to do their website. However, if you can register, login, post and edit your post on this site you can use the new do-it-yourself website service we offer.

It's easy to try SiteStudio out for free. We even have a step by step demo to lead you through creating the site. I would recommend you open two browsers windows, http://agriserver.com:8080/demo/ for the demo and http://agriserver.com/sitestudio.htm for the tutorial. Follow the step-by-step tutorial and see if you can create your first page. If you can't or don't like it, forget do-it-yourself.

I also agree with you that some people just want you to send your in money and forget you. I'm here and will help you in any way I can and SiteBuilder comes with a 100% 30 Money Back Guarantee.

Latest posts