Do Cows Like You?

Help Support CattleToday:

I do believe that cattle are more intelligent than people give them credit, and just like human beings some are smarter than others. Cattle that are used as draft animals come to mind.
Some cattle have obvious personalities and traits. Others are bland, and some are crazy.

I do not have a special relationship with the cattle that we currently. The best cow that I had was a Jersey cow name Shirley. She was a special one. A very sweet cow to be around.

Many answered the initial question and others took it to mean that cattle are incapable of liking someone or something. Some took the answers in a negative way.
Inyati13 to answer your question again, I don't think that our cattle like me. They accept me. Now the bottle calf loves me because I feed him. Do cattle like people? Yes I think that they are capable of that.

Maybe your question should have been "Are cattle capable of liking people?"

There are some that are scared of us, not very trusting. 3 or 4 cows that I know could care less about people. I have a couple that genuinely like me, and not just because they know I've got cubes in my pocket. The bull comes up just to get his neck rubbed. He pushes everyone out of the way and stands up against the fence so I can scratch him. He would stand there all day just to get brushed. We also have a heifer, Sweet Pea, who also just wants to be around you. Puts her head on your shoulder. Sweet as can be. Quiet. Dosnt yell at you for a handout just wants to rub on you. Those 2...they like me, they really really like me! LOL

Inyati13 posted "Do cows like you?"
5 pages later posted:
Having said that, if you will go back and look you will see that I started this thread with the statement that like is not a good word to use. Try to define love and you will see that it is everything from lust to companionship.

From "do cows like you", to love lust and companionship.

Greybeard backs slowly out of this thread........... 8)
:compute:

Having said that, if you will go back and look you will see that I started this thread with the statement that like is not a good word to use. Try to define love and you will see that it is everything from lust to companionship.

From "do cows like you", to love lust and companionship.

Greybeard backs slowly out of this thread........... 8)
:compute:[/quote]

I don't know that I'd be BACKING out of this thread.... :shock:

LOL (JUST KIDDING!) ;-) :lol:

I just thought of the title to my next thread - no, it is not, "There and Back Again" by Bilbo Baggins - but, "Have You Ever Started Eating Reeses's Peanut Butter Cups and Couldn't Stop Until the Bag Ran Out?"

inyati13":bahd68r0 said:
It comes back to the cliche, "there is more that binds us, than there is that separates us."

I'm not sure I would say that. The Bible says that man is made in the image of God, animals are not. That's a pretty big separation.

" My final point is this, there is more that goes on in a lower mammals brain than humans understand"
You make a good final point.

I think you can view an animal as lower than you, yet still realize that it has thoughts and emotions. In society that seems to be being lost and it scares me for our future as beef producers.

Thanks for the interesting conversation.

Limomike":de1x7r27 said:
sim.-ang.king":de1x7r27 said:
I think the best answer would be, does it matter?

I would add to this.,.. How do you ask them?

Man, I was praying someone would not ask me that. Now everyone can blame you because that is exactly what I been spending some of my morning thinking about. I will start a new thread.

Victoria":1h0yhmig said:
inyati13":1h0yhmig said:
It comes back to the cliche, "there is more that binds us, than there is that separates us."

I'm not sure I would say that. The Bible says that man is made in the image of God, animals are not. That's a pretty big separation.
My mammalian heart is very much like my cow's; hers is just bigger. ;-)

Latest posts