DIY Birdnet in equipment barn

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
Here's some more pics of the DIY bird net for Patriot9120. I put it on the bottom of the trusses last summer and it has cut down the nesting and roosting in the rafters 100%. You still get the occasional bird that flies through the building but they don't live in there anymore.

Eyebolts in the corners, ran a high tensile wire around the perimeter with a strainer here and there to keep the wire tight. The bird netting is tied to the wires with hog rings. Can't believe I put up with the sparrows and starling living in there and crapping on my equipment for so many years.

And eyebolt, high tensile wire and hog rings in the corner of the building.

An eyebolt 15' out from the corner. The netting is 15' wide, my building is 36'

2 Pieces of netting hog ringed together on a high tensile wire 15' inside the header.

Another shot of the netting down the header.

And the results. Baler has been in here since September. Not a drop on it. Last year it looked like it had been whitewashed. Hope these pics help, Patriot 9120. If you have any more questions, just ask. It's really a simple project. ;-)

I don't know the life expectancy. It is inside and completely out of the sun and rain. At Home Depot it sells for $57.00 for a 14' by 100' roll. Here's the info on it:

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Model # NET-STD-100-14
Internet # 204101324

The Standard Bird Netting seals off all structural openings and other possible roosting sites. It prevents birds from roosting and nesting in undesirable areas or from eating fruit or crops. Durable Polypropylene. Standard mesh is 3/4 in. Roll size is 100 ft. x 14 ft. Best installed with Bird Net Mounting Clips.

Block birds and small critters physically
Durable and weatherproof
Permanent bird control solution
Different sizes available
3/4 in. standard mesh bird netting

You are just basically putting a up a ceiling made out of netting. I am not trying to stop the birds from flying through the building, just stopping them from making nests and living up in the trusses. If any of the pics look confusing or at a crazy angle, I am standing on the ground and shooting up into the trusses on all pics.

Latest posts