Dixie National Senior Champion

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
MontyPolk_Ace2.jpg

This is the Butler Longhorn bull that won Senior Champion and Reserve Grand Champion at the Dixie National a couple of weeks ago. This bull is a son of one of my bulls-he belongs to a friend of mine and is being shown by another friend of mine. Just thought some of you might like to see an example of a horn type bull. He just turned two years old.

looks like he is put together pretty well. What is his birthday (roughly)?

btw, i saw the Grand Champion bull in New Mexico this past weekend

I know he just turned two this month-seems like it was right around the time of the show. What bull won the New Mexico show? It wasn't one of yours?

Rustler9":3rh4m6zc said:
I know he just turned two this month-seems like it was right around the time of the show. What bull won the New Mexico show? It wasn't one of yours?

He's one of the better butler bulls I've seen. Decent size for age, for butler. I always heard that butler animals tend to be smaller framed.

Above I meant that I saw the Jackson Grand Champion in New Mexico. In New Mexico a bull called Whiskey Lullaby won the first day, and I won with RCR Scorpion's Stinger the second day.

Butler animals do tend toward the smaller framed Longhorns. His sire is a pretty good sized boy-he's around a ton and is tall as well. I think I've posted his picture before but I'll post him again so yo can see. I've seen his dam-she is a nice red and white lineback, kind of a medium built cow, good horns as well.

100_0265.jpg

warpaint":2f0lx8p7 said:
Ryan,
I saw the points standings as of Feb. 12, wasn't Stinger in second place(in points). Where will he stand after the N.M. show?

He will still be in 2nd. THe first place bull, Salt Lick, was Reserve Senior and Reserve Grand Champion Both days, so he gained a good amount of points, too. I think we have a good chance to catch up with him by, or at, the World Show.

Ryan":35g4o1mx said:
warpaint":35g4o1mx said:
Ryan,
I saw the points standings as of Feb. 12, wasn't Stinger in second place(in points). Where will he stand after the N.M. show?

He will still be in 2nd. THe first place bull, Salt Lick, was Reserve Senior and Reserve Grand Champion Both days, so he gained a good amount of points, too. I think we have a good chance to catch up with him by, or at, the World Show.

Congrats and Good luck.

Rustler9":11o3e3iu said:
Butler animals do tend toward the smaller framed Longhorns. His sire is a pretty good sized boy-he's around a ton and is tall as well. I think I've posted his picture before but I'll post him again so yo can see. I've seen his dam-she is a nice red and white lineback, kind of a medium built cow, good horns as well.

100_0265.jpg

That's a good pic of the Gentleman, Rog.

Rustler9":bfmjjpgj said:

100_0265.jpg

our across the river neighbor has a couple (or more) bulls similar, but they are watuse (sp?). mostly the black and white. he's got a couple that have some pretty impressive horns on them. fairly friendly though, on the whole. nice to look at from a distance anyway.

I sure do enjoy seeing all the longhorns' photos! I really like the colors and patterns, and, of course, the horns. There's a herd of them a few miles from us, have no idea whose, but I always slow down in hopes of seeing them. Hope you all will continue to post your successes with these cattle, along with lots of pictures!

Latest posts