Divorce questions

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no personal experience with divorce, other than my parents when I was very young. It was amicable.

Anyhow, I'm sorry to hear that it is time to dissolve your marriage. I hope it doesn't get ugly and that the two of you can split, rather uneventfully. It is possible.

Good luck.

Workinonit Farm":3uz7ygpf said:
I have no personal experience with divorce, other than my parents when I was very young. It was amicable.

Anyhow, I'm sorry to hear that it is time to dissolve your marriage. I hope it doesn't get ugly and that the two of you can split, rather uneventfully. It is possible.

Good luck.
I second this....

cowgirl8":16cxr5xw said:
greybeard":16cxr5xw said:
slick4591":16cxr5xw said:
Anything your dad leaves you in the form of an inheritance stays with you unless you convert it to community property. If you were to sell the inheritance and buy something with the proceeds while you are legally married it turns into community property.

I have a situation where my wife's mom gifted her this house and some acreage. I own separate (also gifted) property at my farm. At one point we looked into selling her place and building on mine. It didn't happen, but had we done that we would be converting each of our separate property into community property.
This /\ is correct (in Texas). I went thru it in 2007 in a roundabout way, and my brother did in his divorce in 2009 in Arkansas.
As long as it stays separate, the spouse can't touch it in a divorce.
Their marriage was probably doomed because they kept it separate. I know people who do this and they never stay together. Keeping it separate has to be the key to your future divorces, but I bet if its worth a lot you'd be able to get a better lawyer and win, even if its out of spite(which i'm sure happens)...
Honestly I don't understand the separate things...From day one [/list]we became one.
. So nobody likes him either :) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.