divorce question

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
Back in 99 I made the wedding present Rupert Murdoch gave his new bride Wendi Deng. I wonder who has it now?

WP_000928.jpg

This is one of the prototypes I made that is guarding my compost. At the time I was still dialing in the amount of phosphate to put in the glass as well as the right combination of silicas and binders in the sand molds. It is a 36" glass bowl that weighs about 75 pounds. There are 365 buddhas in seven concentric circles. She did not smash it on his head or he would be dead.

Oh--I see--they aren't dodads at all--they're Wendi Deng's Buddads.

Nice glass work JWB--always been a mystery to me how anyone can successfully work with something that fragile--and that hot.

TexasBred":3q2kbml4 said:
Budda's in the punch bowl?? Now that is a different wedding gift.

I know a couple folks who call themselves Buddhists, but I've never asked questions about the practice. Do they drink--or are they like Baptists?

john250":2xvdrc4d said:
TexasBred":2xvdrc4d said:

I know a couple folks who call themselves Buddhists, but I've never asked questions about the practice. Do they drink--or are they like Baptists?

Yeah. :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:

I think their beliefs are similar

Taking medication containing alcohol, opiates or other intoxicants for genuine medical reasons does not count, nor does eating food flavored with a small amount of liquor. Otherwise, Theravada Buddhism considers the Fifth Precept to be a clear prohibition of drinking.

TexasBred":34e5mj1j said:
john250":34e5mj1j said:
TexasBred":34e5mj1j said:

Yeah. :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:

I think their beliefs are similar

Taking medication containing alcohol, opiates or other intoxicants for genuine medical reasons does not count, nor does eating food flavored with a small amount of liquor. Otherwise, Theravada Buddhism considers the Fifth Precept to be a clear prohibition of drinking.

Good Lord, they ARE Baptists!

john250":19zfo7x7 said:
john250":19zfo7x7 said:
TexasBred":19zfo7x7 said:

Good Lord, they ARE Baptists![/quote]
Wait--the all important question hasn't been asked yet--much less answered.
Do they dance? I've heard Baptists who say they won't make love standing up cuz they're afraid someone will think they're dancing.
I've seen dancing Buddah statue so they can't be baptists (I am a baptist).

greybeard":7tncg6t8 said:
Wait--the all important question hasn't been asked yet--much less answered.
Do they dance? I've heard Baptists who say they won't make love standing up cuz they're afraid someone will think they're dancing.
I've seen dancing Buddah statue so they can't be baptists (I am a baptist).
GB I guess that eliminates you as the "cool ol' dude" that was dancing with my wife last night. :lol2:

TB--you notice I said I've heard Baptists who say...and stopped short of saying I adhered to that rule myself....but no--I wasn't doing any dancing with my wife or anyone else's last night..

Heard an old saying here in Texas. "Being Baptist doesn't stop you from sinning, it just stops you from bragging about it". :lol:

dcarp":3h1sc5iq said:
Heard an old saying here in Texas. "Being Baptist doesn't stop you from sinning, it just stops you from bragging about it". :lol:

Old baptist friend always said "I use to get nervous when I went to the out of town liquor store thinking someone might see me...when I finally realized we were all in the store for the same reason I relaxed. :idea:

Latest posts