Diversification For Extra Income.

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":1tiwzpll said:
Mike,

I could maybe use a little brain surgery. How much do you charge?

Dave

Sorry, I don't do a little brain surgery. It's either "ALL OR NONE"!

Those "little" ones are slippery and hard to handle too. ;-)
I think a few of your X patients are posting on this web site!

No, they couldn't be. They have all passed. :lol:

jscunn":whccgg0i said:
Someone shoot me if I ever need brain surgery in Central Alabama!!!!!!!!!!

How did the sale go MikeC??

We HAVE the world reknowned "Jethro Bodine" school of brain surgery here. Money back guarantees. :lol:

I am absolutely whipped. Sold 360 head in 4 hours. I was in the back arranging them in the sale order and took at least a million steps today. The baby calves were the biggest pain. Had about 50 of them. :mad:

WHUPPED! YEP, WHUPPED!

MikeC":jaladsrw said:
Dave":jaladsrw said:
Mike,

I could maybe use a little brain surgery. How much do you charge?

Dave

Sorry, I don't do a little brain surgery. It's either "ALL OR NONE"!

Those "little" ones are slippery and hard to handle too. ;-)
I think a few of your X patients are posting on this web site!

No, they couldn't be. They have all passed. :lol:

With his only tools being a hack saw and a crochet hook what do you expect :p

i put in an organic blue berry/black berry field last spring..gonna do an u-pick operation.. got really nice plants from nursery out west, deers found them.. need i say more? to bad i cant sell organic deer meat! deer season is here in wv, i m telling all our hunters friends go to the farm! get those blueberry eat'en deers! that set me back about 3 to 4 yrs im guessing, im using somthing now that seems to work to keep them out. wish ag dept had told me about last spring !
im a hairdresser at local nursing home 2-3 days aweek, plus LCS-enviromental{ lawn care specailest.} ok, im mow the lawn and take care of plants there LOL got a great boss, he grew up on farm,understands about hay alert! knows as soon as i can ill be there to do the lawn farm comes first.
plus i have a reg jack that i stud out. rental prop,and going to set out xmas trees on one section of land that i cant use from any thing else.. hubby works full time at coal mines, loading trains.
Rose

Rose,

Check your state laws.

We here in Ky can take deer anytime if they are menacing/damaging crops. I hasten to ad that should not be abused. But, a blueberry patch will be a draw for the nice critters and all preventive steps(if any?)should be taken.

Invite some known hunters in to reduce the area population. It helps.

Work as a Sales Representative Full Time, 6 hrs a day. Manage the accounting Dept. for my Wife's Company Part Time, 2 hrs a day. Ranch Work every other available hour. All I ever really want to do is the Ranch Work.

pump_rainbow.JPG

We farm corn and soybeans, have some cows and in the fall I have this punkin stand, corn maze and a little country store with crafts, honey, and the like. It's a lot of fun and hard work, no combines do the picking, only me :D

3 chicken houses-land notes+bills=0+fertelizer
horseshoeing for pocket money
cattle for survival
Its tough but the buzzards arent circling yet

Started selling our beef at the Farmer's Markets this summer and doubled our freezer beef production...next year we plan on selling hamburgers along with the beef.
Brought in a few extra $$ selling squash, on one weekend I sold more pumpkins and squash than I did beef.
DMc

I really don't have to worry about extra income. My wife has a high paying job in town. My girlfriend owns the feed store and my BIL is the VP at the bank. His wife runs the liquor store out on the highway. Wait a minute that was night before last.

I look after three ranches for absentee owners that have them mostly as a hideout from their wives. Especially during hunting season. I do day work for some of the local ranchers and ride a few outside horses. Also after two years since I moved up here in Yankee land (north of IH-10) I still end up going back to Campbellton about every other month to do something.Z

I Dabble in real estate and should do more, rentals have been pretty good for me so far. I breed tropical fish and dogs as well. I used to do aeration work and cut trees down. I'm thinking of starting to take in outside horses and my wife wants to open a flower shop. I'm not sure what she wants me to help her with on that. I guess i make her help with the cows.

My old boss, bought an eighteen wheeler and hauls cattle and whatever else. He rents out his old house and he is trying to plant a field to houses as well.

I wish yall the best with your sideline enterprises.