Distillers syrup... backgrounding steers

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
kentuckian":2t1mw19s said:
Semi load of 600 pound bulls that I haven't had but for a couple weeks. yes, so far I like it, once they got to eating a decent amount of it. What I like best is the fact of them having "feed" in front of them all the time. I've never had bawling/just weaner calves in this good flesh at this point ever. Maybe it's just the quality of the calves, but normally by this point I've had several pulls and most of the cattle look like they are going backwards. This set looks like they have already gained 50 pounds instead of losing it.

nice!

TennesseeTuxedo

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
jedstivers":1jjity1q said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1jjity1q said:
We have a small local distillery opening in our county and I know the owners pretty well. I wonder if I need to try and strike a deal for the byproducts?
Yes you do.

I'll call him next week. I bet I'm too late.

BK9954

Reaction score
TennesseeTuxedo":3t89suxs said:
jedstivers":3t89suxs said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3t89suxs said:
We have a small local distillery opening in our county and I know the owners pretty well. I wonder if I need to try and strike a deal for the byproducts?
Yes you do.

I do a search on craigslist every couple days. Thats how I found this one. Found one yesterday for 20 barrels a week of beer grain, has to be picked up on Monday mornings. My truck, trailer and schedule wouldnt let me do it but I passed it on to my buddy that runs over 100 head. This place is giving it free. Thats 2 found on craigslist in the last month.

TennesseeTuxedo

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
BK9954":22e3mn1k said:
TennesseeTuxedo":22e3mn1k said:
jedstivers":22e3mn1k said:
Yes you do.

I do a search on craigslist every couple days. Thats how I found this one. Found one yesterday for 20 barrels a week of beer grain, has to be picked up on Monday mornings. My truck, trailer and schedule wouldnt let me do it but I passed it on to my buddy that runs over 100 head. This place is giving it free. Thats 2 found on craigslist in the last month.

Very handy tip, thanks.

BK9954

Reaction score
Just got back from checking the syrup I am getting. It has honey in it. Not sure how long its going to be good for but atleast it has some carbs I guess. Its from the honey flavored moonshine. 250 gallons a week.

Latest posts