dispersal

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US":23hvrna0 said:
sooknortex":23hvrna0 said:
I don't know. I had/have my own problems trying to get Mill Creek Ranch to return an email. Sent several and only had one returned due to a poster here intervening on my behalf. Funny how a business is all about the customer on sale day, but other days, ????????

I think some of the cattle breeders still haven't become very well versed on 21st century communication methods. I sent a couple of e-mails to Remitall and didn't receive a reply to them as well. But, as requested in one of them, I did receive a dispersal catalog in the mail.

One of the questions I had was what kind of expense would be expected in getting any cattle bought across the border. Does anyone here know the answer to that?
George

Some of it depends on what all needs to be done to go into your state. I sent a bull up into Sask this summer and I had a vet bill for: health certificate, brucellosis test (within 30 days), tb test (within 60 days), and USA tag and tattoo. Not much of a bill for those. There was a $35 bill from the canadian vet for inspection going into canada. I am bringing the bull back across the border along with a 6 year old bull next month. They will have to have the same tests above to come home along with trich tests, CAN brand, and claim they haven't been exposed to M cattle. There isn't a whole lot of expense to it, unless they put a high value on their time to get all this done. I paid all the expense to get him up there including delivery and will to get him back as part of the 1/2 possession the canadian bought.

[Herefordsire Quote]I wrote a couple of email letters to Deshazer and Remitall so I could potentially buy some of their fine cattle. All of the emails I sent were ignored. I wonder if ignoring important emails has anything to do with existing their choice of business. I know I wanted to invest about 1/4 million dollars into cattle and they ignored me.
Hmmm! I believe if I were REALLY serious about investing "-- about 1/4 million dollars into cattle - -", I would have been a little more aggressive about reassuring the potential recepient of BIG BUCKS that I was legitimate and genuine in my desires to acquire their merchandise!

I think that too many "wannabe's" and 'heads-in-the-clouds' dreamers get caught up in their own fantasies and lose contact with reality!

A Conference Phone call between you, your Banker, your Attorney and your Investment Broker to Deshazer and Remitall could have gotten their attention - BIG TIME! Few entrepreneurs are so cavalier and arrogant as to ignore a potential Quarter of a Million Bucks and chuck them down the "Chick Sale". IF you are 'thumbing' that kind of money around, you should be aggressive, dynamic, and eneregitic in your desires to impress a breeder. It sounds to me as if they have experienced this scenario in times past!

DOC HARRIS

Hereford76... You shouldnt have to brand that bull with a CAN. We export alot of feeders, fats and breeding stock south and purebred stock doesnt have to be branded, just a CAN tattoo is all they make us do.

BIZIN":v9ita09h said:
Hereford76... You shouldnt have to brand that bull with a CAN. We export alot of feeders, fats and breeding stock south and purebred stock doesnt have to be branded, just a CAN tattoo is all they make us do.

At first I was upset that he was going to be CAN branded... but the more I think about it I really dont have a problem getting under the skin of the r-calfers around here.

Heck I don't know why HS just didn't beam on down there (at warp speed) and meet with them "face to face"! :lol: :nod:

DOC HARRIS":259zp6s5 said:
[Herefordsire Quote]I wrote a couple of email letters to Deshazer and Remitall so I could potentially buy some of their fine cattle. All of the emails I sent were ignored. I wonder if ignoring important emails has anything to do with existing their choice of business. I know I wanted to invest about 1/4 million dollars into cattle and they ignored me.
Hmmm! I believe if I were REALLY serious about investing "-- about 1/4 million dollars into cattle - -", I would have been a little more aggressive about reassuring the potential recepient of BIG BUCKS that I was legitimate and genuine in my desires to acquire their merchandise!

I think that too many "wannabe's" and 'heads-in-the-clouds' dreamers get caught up in their own fantasies and lose contact with reality!

A Conference Phone call between you, your Banker, your Attorney and your Investment Broker to Deshazer and Remitall could have gotten their attention - BIG TIME! Few entrepreneurs are so cavalier and arrogant as to ignore a potential Quarter of a Million Bucks and chuck them down the "Chick Sale". IF you are 'thumbing' that kind of money around, you should be aggressive, dynamic, and eneregitic in your desires to impress a breeder. It sounds to me as if they have experienced this scenario in times past!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts