Dislocated Hip

Help Support CattleToday:

I assumed that being twins, that one may have been born backwards and dropped badly onto that leg, ripping the hip joint, or perhaps her mother trod on her. Something seriously violent must have happened to break it like that.
I don't think the ball is malformed, that's just the effect of having the top and tendon ripped/broken off. It was reassuring in a way, in that nothing could have been done to fix her and shooting her was the right thing to have done.

As usual, I probably made the call later than would have been best. That timing issue is something it's taking me some time to learn. I'm always far too hopeful of resolution.

Vet did not make it. Rained 1/2 inch today and there is no way to get to where hubby took the calf. :(
Try driving down there and you end up in the ditch. Yes I tried before. Going to see if I can find out what happened tomorrow if the road is drier.

branguscowgirl":2vf8mbxq said:
I luv herfrds":2vf8mbxq said:
Just within the last couple days. Already talked to the vet and he does not have much hope of popping it back into place. :(
Do you have a teaching Veterinary hospital nearby? We have UC Davis and they will tackle stuff that the local vets won't do.
UC Davis is tops in my book.

Coyotes beat me to the calf, so I was not able to do a post on him. Wish hubby had just left him in the back of the truck and let me do the post the day he died.