Dislocated Hip - Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

djinwa":3hwqn3zp said:
I think those who work on humans mistakenly think the same treatments apply to big animals.

I can't imagine putting a hip back in place on a mostly grown bull, and then keeping it in place. If it went out once, what will keep it from happening again? Are you going to put a splint on a bull over a thousand pounds? You can on people or dogs, but good luck with a bull. If the hip isn't stable, arthritis will result. Pain in the future.

A person can sit or lay down to take weight off the hip - don't know if you can get the bull to do that.

I'd sure like to hear how this goes.

agree.gif
Eggszactly!

djinwa":341llurd said:
I think those who work on humans mistakenly think the same treatments apply to big animals.

I can't imagine putting a hip back in place on a mostly grown bull, and then keeping it in place. If it went out once, what will keep it from happening again? Are you going to put a splint on a bull over a thousand pounds? You can on people or dogs, but good luck with a bull. If the hip isn't stable, arthritis will result. Pain in the future.

A person can sit or lay down to take weight off the hip - don't know if you can get the bull to do that.

I'd sure like to hear how this goes.

I doubt this will end up with a passing grade on the IQ test.