Disinfecting Water Tank

Help Support CattleToday:

How are you sanitizing that new swimming pool Mr. Moneybags? :ROFLMAO:
Constantly.
I have an adjustable chlorine injector at the pump/filter piping that adds chlorine anytime the pump is running, a floating chlorine dispenser that holds two 3" tablets and we shock the pool about every 3-7 days depending on the test results wife does each day.

(mr. moneybags? not me. That would be TT. Years ago, the subject of "keeping up with the Joneses" came up and he replied "I AM the Joneses!".

Constantly.
I have an adjustable chlorine injector at the pump/filter piping that adds chlorine anytime the pump is running, a floating chlorine dispenser that holds two 3" tablets and we shock the pool about every 3-7 days depending on the test results wife does each day.

(mr. moneybags? not me. That would be TT. Years ago, the subject of "keeping up with the Joneses" came up and he replied "I AM the Joneses!".
is that a liquid injector or a tab feeder? be careful of tabs. no need to shock regularly if chemistry is balanced. here is the absolute best site/community for pool care on the interwebs - https://www.troublefreepool.com/blog/

I inject bleach in my pool via a Stenner pump. Do not need to shock. Use pucks typically at the beginning of the pool season to get the cynauric acid to 50ppm. Continue use of pucks will cause the cynauric acid level to get too high, which means you will need more chlorine to do the same job.

I have two plastic tanks and drain both every couple weeks, scrub them with bleach and dish soap, then fill them back up. Seems to be working so far so good.

Once a week I put 2 oz to a 50gal , and another spring fed 300 gal tank I put 12oz once a week. Tanks are clean. I've read a post on this forum years ago when I was cleaning and scrubbing mine every other week. It said 2oz to 50 gal or 4oz to a hundred. And make sure you use regular Clorox, if not it will foam up and be a mess.
Sure saves me a lot of work and the tanks stay clean .

Latest posts