DISH TV-A Rant

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
DISH TV came into my life in March. I paid a princely sum for the privilege of paying them $66 per month. My receiver went bad about two months after installation. After about two dozen phone calls, DISH agreed to replace my receiver. I haven't had any further problems. Then out of the blue clear sky, I got an email from DISH saying I would be billed for not returning the defective receiver. $100 would be added to my bill. I immediately replied and protested. The Customer Service Rep who authorized the new receiver said "you own the receiver". Did not ship a prepaid box to send the old one back.
Now, I'm apparently screwed, royally. My bill would not be delinquent if I wasn't being overcharged. DISH won't restore my service until I pay every charge they can dream up.
I have a decent history of payment with these thugs. I want to goad them into suing me, but they won't.
Anyway folks, I know some of you eschew television and some go for free over the air. I'm willing and able to pay for the DISH channels. Cincy Red ballgames. Fox news. NASCAR on ESPN, college basketball and football on ESPN. I'm loving the DISH commercials calling Direct TV "Dirty Cons". In the real world, DISH is/are the "dirty cons". If anyone is making a Dish/Direct TV decision right now, consider the non-existent customer service at DIS
H. They don't even return my emails. And I assure you I'm a gentleman in my emails. I just want an answer.

DISH is a bunch of bums. You'd think a multi-hundred million dollar corporation like that would have state of the art phones that would allow the customer that called them to hear what the DISH rep was saying. No,they don't. If I had about an hour to type it out I'd tell you about my phone-call experience with them last Friday.

I went to antenna. Withdrawal of a few stations only took about a week. We actually get a good bunch of channels, with ION being one of them. I have the comcast internet so I pay $8.64 per month for netflix and bought a Roku for $100. Lots of free out there to be seen. You can pay for channels if you want with either also. Miss the Fox News station, but I have been hearing they are going Left anyways. For my tv guide, I go to titantv.com and I can see whats on my channels. Saves me lots of money a month too. I had DTV and DISH, been there done that. DTV was better than DISH. But if power is out, so is TV, if heavy rain, TV is out.

ga.prime":25nxdlgg said:
If I had about an hour to type it out I'd tell you about my phone-call experience with them last Friday.
Correction- started on Thursday and went into Friday.

They won't sue you for the balance, they'll charge it to the credit card you gave them when you signed up.

Direct is no better, they offer that if you move you can just take your receivers and start your service at your new place, in our case it was about 4 months, about the time we were gonna start it again, we get a letter that they are suing us for 1800$ for the receivers and dishes, we say we were gonna start the service again, they say now you can't it's been to long, we say then we will send your stuff back, nope that won't work either.

We have Dish network and had it for years, no cable or options here except Direct Tv. I learned a few years ago to lease the boxes because I have lost a few to breakdown. They cover leased boxes 100%. I have had at least two DVR's replaced at no charge because I lease them.

Just saying.

Alan

I've had Dish for several years and can't complain. I too had problems with one receiver, the shipped another to our house and service man came by and installed and programmed it. No problems. Remote went out last month. Called and another was shipped. Not as easy to program as they make it sound tho. Had to call them and they walked the wife thru it. Again no problem. I can't complain but have friends who have Direct TV and they dislike them as much as you dislike your experience with Dish.

I own a radio tower. Long story short, one of my get rich quick schemes that ended about like all the others. I actually sold the "business" to a guy, and lease him the tower, and the equipment. A couple of different outfits have made contact with me to broadcast there tv signal for lack of a better word. It sounds kinda promising. They will have a small receiver at their house. They would pay a monthly fee, and get about 25 channels for $9 and change. It would be my responsibility to market the system. I can see it being not what it is cracked up to be, and everyone in a 60 mile radius being upset with me.

I hate any kind of dish. I tried it more than once and was disapointed every time. I have cable right now and love it. When we lived outside cable area we have antennae. I would do without before I would ever put up with dish again. My biggest complaint is everytime it rained it would go out. Im watching a tornado come straight for me and POOF, not tv. When I complained they told me their service was on 95 percent of the time. I said I must make up the entire 5 percent then

We dropped Dish this year, service kept going in and out and hardly watched it. They sent me a email asking for the receivers back as they said they were theirs, funny when I had service problems you said they were mine and I would have to buy new ones. I asked them are you lying to me now or were you lying then? Never paid anything.

tripleBfarms":2coqid4w said:
They won't sue you for the balance, they'll charge it to the credit card you gave them when you signed up.

Best results I've had is calling my credit card co. and disputing the charge. Worked for me.

John,

You can about catch any game on the internet these days. I don't have satellite or cable anymore and don't miss much. But who ever said challenge the charge, that is a good idea. Only way to get some businesses to listen to you. And the banks don't mind doing it. I'd tell them when it is all over that your leaving, even if you don't. They'll generally sweeten the pot.

Bigfoot":2clo2gzk said:
I own a radio tower.

:lol2: Now I want one too, just to tell people I have one. I'd broadcast my own cable show.

I am thinking of going to antenna and dropping direct tv. I have roku.
Has anyone ever bought or had any experience with this antenna? LAVA HD2605 ULTRA.

Cal

Latest posts