Discussion about Christmas presents

Help Support CattleToday:

LaniH

Reaction score
Black Friday is here and Christmas and New Year are also almost here.Let me hear you, how will you buy presents this year? We at home always buy each other something in the $50 range and I have no idea what to buy for my kids this year. I am actually thinking of gathering the money with my brother, parents and the rest of the family to buy them something more expensive, something they can use for years. What will you buy? How much money will you spend?

callmefence":1um3zylt said:
Everyone is receiving a roll of tornado 14 gauge high tensile barbwire.
thanks man, I'll PM you my address.

:cboy:

Im not a big spender at Xmas. I get ever one a little some thing but I don't go over board. I prefer to buy things at random when people aren't expecting it or when I know some one mentions needing some thing. I like Xmas... but hate what it has become in a lot of ways.

I tell my family my presence is your present, and all I expect is nothing in return.

We draw names and who ever name you draw, but them something between 30 and 50 bucks. The grand kids, well... the wife spends way too much :roll:

Txpiney":pkpzbl99 said:
We draw names and who ever name you draw, but them something between 30 and 50 bucks. The grand kids, well... the wife spends way too much :roll:

I weep at the bank statement in December on what the Mrs can spend on grandkids. Then there are the great grandkids, there should be some cutoff before death.
I wish mine spent 50 she feels like we are being cheap and bad grandparents at a 100 minimum per kid.

Bah Humbug

We give money and have for several years. They can use it however they want. We ask for nothing in return other than hopefully getting to spend some time with all of them on or near Christmas time.

TexasBred":2e4dfxne said:
We give money and have for several years. They can use it however they want. We ask for nothing in return other than hopefully getting to spend some time with all of them on or near Christmas time.
Money is always a good thing. We take the kids on a family vacation somewhere, usually it's snow skiing.

I'm with Brute23. I'll see something throughout the year that I think someone would like and I just give it to them. If ya ask me Christmas has turned into shopping and presents and nothing more. I wonder if most people actually know what Christmas really is. All you ever here is people stressed out about what to buy and getting financially strapped that's absolutely absurd if you ask me.

Rafter S":18c43fx2 said:
ALACOWMAN":18c43fx2 said:
Bestoutwest":18c43fx2 said:
You give people condoms? Or business cards? Credit cards? All of these seem weird.
Typical liberal...

Oh come on. You gotta admit that was funny.
Not from them, and knowing the reason....that's not to say I want them to stop.. :cowboy:

callmefence":283dpn8j said:

1/4 mile, or one mile rolls? You at least going to give them a hat or a hoodie if they've been extra good? Maybe a pair of gloves for the ones that weren't?

My wife has been married to a Midwestern fence builder for long enough to know that the Christmas shopping needs to be done by the first week of the summer dry season. Ain't no money around here in December!

TexasBred":qx67y5a0 said:

Bribery sometimes does work....

Farm Fence Solutions":2qj8q930 said:
callmefence":2qj8q930 said:

1/4 mile, or one mile rolls? You at least going to give them a hat or a hoodie if they've been extra good? Maybe a pair of gloves for the ones that weren't?

My wife has been married to a Midwestern fence builder for long enough to know that the Christmas shopping needs to be done by the first week of the summer dry season. Ain't no money around here in December!

Quarter mile for the kids. Mile for the wife.

Latest posts