discharge

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Cow due in late feb-mid march (estimate). Had two long strings of this today...

Picture199.jpg

comments?

The sticky type stuff that hangsin tendrils is usually the mucus plug and related stuff. The calving stuff is thinner, isn't sticky and has a more lubricating feel. We have a bought heifer that was supposedly dyue to calf the beginning of January. Right on schedule she had a discharge like that and started to bild an udder. It was a two day event. Hasn't done anything since. I checked with the breeder and he said that she had been rebred and was actually due early/mid March.
Just goes to show that no matter how many and thoretically good records are, they ain't worth diddly without accuracy.

dun

K- good to know. was kind of worried with the looong strings and it being the reddish color, any red discharge prior to calving makes me paranoied. i told yall i was getting to be a cattle hypochondriac.

When I saw the pic, my first reaction is "warning". Red/pink discharge CAN be a sign of something wrong. Vet once told me anytime I see that color discharge, cow should be checked. Not trying to alarm you, it's just that I would be concerned something's wrong - no matter what the due date is.

Latest posts