Discharge in Suckling Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Has anyone seen clear, thick vaginal discharge from a two week old heifer before? It looks similar to pre-calving mucous discharge, and when we noticed it there was about 1 tbsp worth, I'd say. I'm relatively new to cattle, so I'm not sure if this is normal for a suckling heifer, or if it is something we should be keeping an eye on.

Nope... I haven't seen that before at that age... the fact it's clear would reduce my worry, but I'd keep an eye on her...

Maybe someone else has some better suggestion?

Boot Jack Bulls":2vocfzvt said:
Hilloril":2vocfzvt said:
I like to read a story like this. It's great fun and memorable.
:shock: What???

attention-seeking comment. Or an unfortunate attempt to use English language without knowing how it works.
I certainly hope it's not a sincere first post, since the most likely answer I can come up with for the OP is that there's a bull in that group of cattle.

LilCaliCowgirl":2z16pkrx said:
Has anyone seen clear, thick vaginal discharge from a two week old heifer before? It looks similar to pre-calving mucous discharge, and when we noticed it there was about 1 tbsp worth, I'd say. I'm relatively new to cattle, so I'm not sure if this is normal for a suckling heifer, or if it is something we should be keeping an eye on.

Sorry for the hijack, I have never seen it or heard of it at such a young age, if she is still having problems it's a good question to ask a bovine Vet. Have you taken her temp yet? It should be about 101.5 F

Alan":fvkteons said:
Hilloril":fvkteons said:
I like to read a story like this. It's great fun and memorable.

Can I have another potato please?
You've had enough with one and one is enough for anyone.
Hilloril's only other post can be found here. :compute:

There is no way I can forget about this, I really like it.
:???:

Latest posts