Discharge 3 days after heat, day after bloody show

Help Support CattleToday:

Raeleigh26

Reaction score
Maggie was coming in on Monday, Harley jumped the fence and I'm pretty sure I caught it just as it happened. She didn't stand, but I waited anxiously for some sign that she didn't get bred. Too early.
Yesterday she had bloody show, not a lot though. ..
My vet thought last month's bloody show was excessive and she might have issues due to her hard calving and losing the calf. She birthed on her own, first calf, just took long enough the calf died.
I think she had just laid down and the blood had pooled and we saw it all at once, she was clean 2 hours later.
Anyway, I noticed yesterday and today she was holding her tail out a lot, not constantly, but noticeably, and just caught her laying down with this light brownish, pinkish cloudy discharge.
Is this normal after estrous? Or do you think there's an infection, or maybe she got bred?
I can't get my pics to load right, only showing half of them. ... the discharge is more white, maybe little yellowish than clear/cloudy now, someone please tell me this happens. ..3 days after estrus, the day after bloody show. ..

I would lean towards an infection at this point. The vet could probably take a swab of her vagina or cervix, maybe even inside her uterus and know for sure. The stuff you're describing is what you expect a couple days post calving while she gets rid of the detritus. Heat cycles should not be that way. Other then the tinge of blood from ovulating that would be the only color you would see.

Latest posts