Dipomatic immunity and parking tickets

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Was listening to a talk show host this morning and he was giving statistics on Parking tickets and U.N. Diplomats. It was interesting how many millions (think it was 18 million) dollars of unpaid tickets these U.N. Diplomats run up and do not have to pay, just around the U.N. headquarters.

They parking in handicap, in front of fire lanes, fire hydrants basically anywhere they want because they will never have to pay the tickets due to their diplomatic immunity.

A lot can be said for a persons that comes to a country and on purpose breaks our laws since they can not be punished for it.

The talk show host had figured out how many went to which countries in the last 5 years and it was interesting to hear that countries like Japan, Canada and some European country had none.

But the leaders in the tickets were countries like Kuwait, Pakistan, Egypt and other Muslim countries.

Thought it was kind of interesting. Shows the attitude of most of these people. I say if they do not want to obey our laws lets throw the U.N. out of the U.S. we host an organization that is against us and is so corrupt they make our politicians look like Angels. And on top of it they park in all our Handicap parking spots. Farewell I say!

we get our fair share here and the same thing applies, Diplomatic ammunity. It is all wrong. they should provide parking spaces for these people around the area, they know they have to park. BUT will it ever change NO. least I don't think so.

Those guys do the same thing in there own countries. They are immune by virtue of their position. I think if you look at the list of countries you will find most are either third world or recently emerged from the third world. Corruption is a way of life and they wouldnt even understand if you tried to explain why they shouldnt be aloud to park in the handicap spots.

I have actually had a goverment expense account for bribes on certain missions. Its disgusting.

Hey 3MR, next time you get some of that bribe money how about sending a pile of it my way. (Prefer 1 gold coins, 2 cash, 3 a new bush-hog) You can list me as some kind of warlord and it was to insure non-interference by my people. (It'll just be between us that "my people" are cows.)

Cuz

We take or pickup someone from Dulles International airport every once in a while and my wife laughs at me for counting the diplomatic tags on cars. It's interesting, free parking.

CUZ":2pn3okii said:
Hey 3MR, next time you get some of that bribe money how about sending a pile of it my way. (Prefer 1 gold coins, 2 cash, 3 a new bush-hog) You can list me as some kind of warlord and it was to insure non-interference by my people. (It'll just be between us that "my people" are cows.)

Cuz

Strangely enough I know a guy going to jail for doing just that. Im sure you would visit me every Friday wouldnt you. :lol:

Hey 3MR,
You mean someone tried to figure a way to hoodoo the government out of some money? Oh well, maybe you'd better take me off your "Warlord's To Bribe" list, because I'd rather you didn't have to go to the graybar hotel.

Cuz

Ya know,even here you get people parking in the handicap area--leaveing shopping carts in them also for the handicaped person to move--just never heard of Karma-

aplusmnt":17f4rok5 said:
A lot can be said for a persons that comes to a country and on purpose breaks our laws since they can not be punished for it.

Apparently you're unfamiliar with the Congressional bank accounts (I'm not sure that is the right term, but it's the best I can come up with right now), the number of members of OUR Congress who have written bad checks on it (that will probably never be collected, and that - unless I'm seriously mistaken - you and I and all the other taxpayers are paying for) and the dollar amounts they amount to. You're also apparently unfamiliar with the drug forfeiture laws in this country.

msscamp":3o13y98a said:
aplusmnt":3o13y98a said:

Apparently you're unfamiliar with the Congressional bank accounts (I'm not sure that is the right term, but it's the best I can come up with right now), the number of members of OUR Congress who have written bad checks on it (that will probably never be collected, and that - unless I'm seriously mistaken - you and I and all the other taxpayers are paying for) and the dollar amounts they amount to. You're also apparently unfamiliar with the drug forfeiture laws in this country.

What congress does in its own country is a whole other issue. What I am talking about is a group that is invited to come to this country, us serving as a host to foreign diplomats. And then they show no respect for our country or its laws. We are a host to these countries.

And the main point was the irony of what countries have not abused this hospitality such as Canada and Japan. And how ironic it is that Kuwait a country that would be enslaved to Sadam today if it was not for us is at the top of those guilty.

aplusmnt":1u0ia5uo said:
msscamp":1u0ia5uo said:
aplusmnt":1u0ia5uo said:

What congress does in its own country is a whole other issue.

Why? They are elected 'officials' of this country, but they don't have to abide by the rules and laws of this country? Bullsh(&!!!

What I am talking about is a group that is invited to come to this country, us serving as a host to foreign diplomats. And then they show no respect for our country or its laws. We are a host to these countries.

So? They are guests, perhaps they are not familiar with our traditions, perhaps our agenda has inspired a lack of respect - particulary since King George came into power - perhaps they don't agree with our agenda, perhaps there are a million reasons for the transgressions - I am, by far, more willing to forgive trangressions from visitors than I am from our own elected officials. As Americans, they KNOW what the laws are, they know what they were elected to do, and they know what is expected of them.

And the main point was the irony of what countries have not abused this hospitality such as Canada and Japan. And how ironic it is that Kuwait a country that would be enslaved to Sadam today if it was not for us is at the top of those guilty.

I don't see the irony, the US thinks of herself in terms the rest of the world doesn't see, or understand - nothing new in that - all you have to do is read the news. No, I'm not talking about our news, rather the overseas news. Maybe it's time we tended our own business and let the rest of the world sink or swim. I am fully aware that will never happen - too many PAC's for that to ever happen, and we are too dependent on foreign oil, as well.

msscamp":31bbbc2x said:
aplusmnt":31bbbc2x said:
msscamp":31bbbc2x said:
aplusmnt":31bbbc2x said:

What congress does in its own country is a whole other issue.

Why? They are elected 'officials' of this country, but they don't have to abide by the rules and laws of this country? Bullsh(&!!!

What I am talking about is a group that is invited to come to this country, us serving as a host to foreign diplomats. And then they show no respect for our country or its laws. We are a host to these countries.

So? They are guests, perhaps they are not familiar with our traditions, perhaps our agenda has inspired a lack of respect - particulary since King George came into power - perhaps they don't agree with our agenda, perhaps there are a million reasons for the transgressions - I am, by far, more willing to forgive trangressions from visitors than I am from our own elected officials. As Americans, they KNOW what the laws are, they know what they were elected to do, and they know what is expected of them.

I don't see the irony, the US thinks of herself in terms the rest of the world doesn't see, or understand - nothing new in that - all you have to do is read the news. No, I'm not talking about our news, rather the overseas news. Maybe it's time we tended our own business and let the rest of the world sink or swim. I am fully aware that will never happen - too many PAC's for that to ever happen, and we are too dependent on foreign oil, as well.

If you have some issues with our government then start a thread Bush bashing or anti government. I as most any Americans do have some problems with this government, but if we have problems we have avenues to do something about them. If we do not like what Bush does or any politician for that matter we can choose not to re elect them. We do have the power to do something about it vs sit back and whine about it.

But when it comes to Diplomats for the U.N. we have NO POWER. The can come here, drive as fast as the want through our school districts, park in Handicap parking, rape women, drive drunk. And the only thing that can be done is the State Department can ask them to leave America, unless the Country of origin wave immunity and allow the U.S. to prosecute them.

As far as them coming from other countries and not familiar with our traditions. A one time offense can be over looked but the problem I am talking about is with people that have lived in this country for years, they know the laws. Most of them come from Countries with the same laws, like Driving while Drunk.

And my main point was it is ironic that countries like Kuwait average something like 250 parking tickets per diplomat in 5 years when countries like Japan average 0. We are talking about $18,000,000.00 dollars in unpaid tickets.

The U.N. is our guest they have an obligation to abide by our laws when here. And I am sure they go through orientation to learn right from wrong here, but just some Countries Diplomats exploit the fact that the live above the law.

I would be more than interested to debate your anti government views, but the argument Our politicians are bad so give the Diplomats a break that does not wash with me. Two wrongs do not make a right.