Dinner and a Beer riding on this

Help Support CattleToday:

TennCattleMan57":uu8pxvpz said:
I believe it is corn glutton, molasses and crushed corn. I could be wrong but I believe that is what the person told me that gets it for me. It does He runs a mom and pop farm supply store. Its where I buy my gates and feeders and stuff cuz he is cheaper than the coop and tractor supply and all that. He gets some kind of discount for being a distributor so he gives it to me at what it cost him. I just have to go pick it up. Right now im getting it for the guy that is creep feeding his. I dont want to do it until I get more research done and see more evidence its not bad. He has to go with me to pick it up. Alot of the farmers go to this guy as he gives it at cost. He has a large dairy farm and orders tons of feed at a time so they throw an extra ton on there and he just charges us what they charge him per ton.
Allright Hotshot. There aint a Dairy in the Great State of Tennessee buying ANY Rations at 65.00 a ton. There are no creep feeds here at that price either. I dont care if they are buying 500 tons a week. It simply is not that cheap. You want prices? I'll give em' to you. I'm in the Feed Business.You're way off your rocker. You sure dont do much research, on what you feed your Cattle do you?

Hey crowder, I bet he can get the beeswings from beside the corn drier for 55 a ton. I'll sell it to him for that. But he has to come get it.

I just love to hear people talking out their hat. (sarcasm). I also love to hear people blame their stupidity on their kids.....Can't understand that......

MikeC":191rs74j said:
Corn screenings are almost $65 bucks a ton delivered down here.

Gee Mike. Sounds like you have the better deal. My calves really like them sweepings though.

It seems to me that your trying to talk yourself into creep feeding and letting us tell you that it is o.k.. From what your telling us about your operation you do not need to creep feed your calves. If you are happy with your weaning weights and the cows are in good condition then what is the problem. We do creep feed a little, more to get them used to eating feed and being in our facilities. We also wean them sooner than you do. We have them off their mommas at 7 - 8 months.

Matt

like father like son?? or is it the other way around??
same sentence structure, pronunaction, word useage, all to similar to me to believe one is not the same!!!!!!! tryiong to cover up past oppps!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :eek:

BrandName1":2cr2krcq said:
cypressfarms":2cr2krcq said:
Another con of creep feeding:

If you're going to keep replacement heifers, creep feeding can increase the fatty deposits in the udder, and down the road you will wind up with a cow that doesn't give as much milk.
This info was taken from a university study, just can't remember which one now.

Does anyone know how to combat this, if heifers are already on creep? And does anyone creep that doesnt have this problem?

We creep feed and have never had that problem. As I said, we use a limiter type feed.

Latest posts