Digital camera

Help Support CattleToday:

Anguscollegekid

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions on a good, but reasonable/cheap digital camera that you could take cattle pictures with? How many megapixels, zoom do you recommend for pasture photography with the possibility of pics being on a website? Doesn't have to be fancy, just want something to play with. Brands, stores, etc?

Love our Kodak Easyshare. Very, very, very user friendly and takes great pics.

Alice

I've got a Nikon Coolpix L3. Love it. reasonably priced, takes great pictures, not too fancy... but fancy enough to do things with. If you go to my website and then go to the Show Prospects page, all the pictures taken there were with this camera (most all the other pictures on the website were taken with older camera).

Ryan

Alice":1mjxbe61 said:
Love our Kodak Easyshare. Very, very, very user friendly and takes great pics.

Alice

I agree, the first time I looked at the usermanual I found out it was in Russian. The store I bought the camera from ordered an English version for me, but I still haven't collected it almost a year later.

The only criticism I have on the Easyshare is the redeye reducer isn't as effective as my other 35mm Canon camera's.

Mine's an Olympus 8.0mp, and the family's is a Canon 5.0mp... for online sharing you don't need that much, but I also like to print mine out and the 8.0mp translates to some nice 8x10 framed photos.

My suggestions are to get a name brand camera with the following:

-At least 7mp, minimum.
-Uses an SD storage card, they are cheap, ebay has 2GB for less than $40
-Uses 2 AA batteries or 3 AAA batteries.
-Fits in your pocket, if it dosen't you won't keep it with you.
-Unless you are a Tech-no-winnie, the basic controls will be fine, no need for every option under the sun.

The camera I bought a couple of years ago uses the recharagble batteries, I hate dealing with the charger. It would be so simple to be able to pop out the old batteries and replace with new ones.

Got a Fujifilm A500 Finepix dig.cam. with 5.1 megapixels. That's the first camera I have, and STILL have, and I'm happy with it.

IluvABbeef":8kl4befr said:
Got a Fujifilm A500 Finepix dig.cam. with 5.1 megapixels. That's the first camera I have, and STILL have, and I'm happy with it.

I agree we have several cameras and have slowly switched all of em to Fuji over the last few years. My wife is a photographer. I use the Fuji Finepix cameras as jobsite cameras and they take some serious beating. She has the fancy dandy ones but she loves em.

Only complaint is that they eat batteries like crazy!

My camera is also 5 Megapixels and it seems to be more than sufficient for everyday use. I have even printed a few A4 size photos out without compromizing on quality (to my eye at least). Where would you need more Megapixels? Or rather what size enlargement will 5 Megapixels still be able to handle?

I can understand that professional photographers need the best equipment available to stay on top of their game, but the usual everyday user probably don't even use his camera to half its potential.

I have a sony and love it. I think all of sony's product are great.

Walt

I have a samsung and a sony, the sony is a better camera as it has 10mgp and is very clear but was very expensive, sits in pocket, it has a stick that goes straight into the PC, and can hold upto 600 photo's, if on High definition, or 1000 if on ordinary settings.

Latest posts