Differnt day different barn

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Friend of mine hauled some steers to Joplin for the sale a week ago wednesday, averaged 82 cwt same size and quality steers at Buffalo last saturday brought 92.50

Angus Cowman":2im6onz1 said:
That is kinda unusual for Buffalo to be higher than Joplin but it does happen
he was just at the right place at the right time or they had someone that wanted them
I am glad I don't sell many thru the sales anymore
That was the point. The market is so screwy right now that it's hard to predict from day to day or barn to barn.
I prefer Buafallo or Springfield to Joplin, mainly for the cost of hauling.

The only time you can predict the market is when your buying because thats the only time your in control of your money.
You should only buy at a profit.

I know here it's the same way Dun. I rather not go on a saturday.There are so many local buyers looking for something cheap. On monday's it's more of buyers market,not to many locals. The buyers have to meet their quota. So the bidding wars begin and prices do go up a little.

Joy of Texas":q5d36yic said:
I know here it's the same way Dun. I rather not go on a saturday.There are so many local buyers looking for something cheap. On monday's it's more of buyers market,not to many locals. The buyers have to meet their quota. So the bidding wars begin and prices do go up a little.
I have found that the local buyers make for a higher market as they tend not to know when to sell one to the other guy - just keep that hand in the air until they own it.

Latest posts