DIFFERENT LOOKING CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
i know black is what sales best but that can get boring to look at.will anyone with an unusual looking cow or calf please post some pics?

by different i meant different as in markings or unusually large or tall or fat.not an ugly cow contest.

These are some non-black breeds that i love!
Chianina: White; largest catle in the world; may mature to 6ft. at shoulder and 4000lbs. Often used for crossbreeding to add size to other cattle.
chianina.jpg

Charolais: White, thick-muscled cattle. Bulls often bred to cows of other breeds to creat outstanding crossbred beef calves.
charolias.jpg

Blonde d' Aquitaine: Large; light tan colored; noted for fast growth, carcass quality, calving ease and fertility.
aquitainec.jpg

Dexter: Smallest cattle in the world 750-1000lbs, 36-44" high at the shoulder. Quiet, easy to handle, and give rich milk; perfect for small acreage.
dexter.jpg

Belted galloway: Polled; very hardy; heavy winter hair coat; shed in moderate heat, leaving enough hair to protect against biting insects; long-lived; cows often produce calves until age 15-20.
belltedgalloway.jpg

Scotch Highland: Small with long, shaggy hair and impressive horns; hardy in snow and cold weather; long forelock protects eyes from flies.
highland.jpg

Belgian-blue: The Belgian Blue is a large sized animal with rounded outline and prominent muscles. The breed is known for its quiet temperament. Belgian Blue Beef is famous for its impressive muscling which is commonly referred to as "double muscling". Belgian Blue Beef outclasses all other beef breed in carcass yield (up to 80%).
belgianblue.jpg

And for color i love blue roan:)
blueroan.jpg

I still recall those 8 Chi's we bought to feed one year back in the late 80's when I was still a teenager. Tried to jump out of a 12 foot Frost Fence. Nearly made it to. Couldn't handle them at all. They cleared anything under 8 feet. Just had to leave the gate open into the corral when they were fat and come around the back way and hope one had walked into the Chute. Slame that frost fence shut and load em up and head to town. Took 5 weeks to get them all loaded. They sure gained quickly though.

Okay, this is my opportunity to post photos of these British Whites I looked at recently. As my daughter thinks they're cute, and I don't like black, I think I'll get a few. Don't know if they're the greatest cattle, but it should be fun. The owner says people often stop and look at them. Should be no risk of sunburn or cancer eye, and they should be cooler in summer.

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Here's a photo from the internet:
britishwhitecalf.jpg

gabbyellepaige":1tdw85i0 said:
Blonde d' Aquitaine: Large; light tan colored; noted for fast growth, carcass quality, calving ease and fertility.
aquitainec.jpg
This breed is one of my favourite terminals. Looks like the cow had some six calves.

lots of beautiful cattle!
Also note that the huge chianinas are oxen, a fact that adds to their already extreme size.
Also note that the belgian blue bull is old (at least five years), And extremely over fed ( There is no visible lines between the muscles.

Some of the different looking ones in our herd.
Blue Roan
xy_DSC04039.jpg

xy_DSC00152.jpg

Couple of Hereford
xy_DSC02837.jpg

Herd Marker, Color sided calf.
xy_DSC02579.jpg

Along with her mama
xy_DSC02339.jpg

How 'bout a Holstein?
xy_DSC02396.jpg

'Nother Hereford
xy_DSC02313.jpg

Or, maybe some Tarantaise?
xy_DSC01312.jpg

And some Shorthorn
xy_DSC01259.jpg

xy_DSC00840.jpg

xy_DSC00853.jpg

tn_DSC07634.jpg

Here's a different cow for you...
tn_DSC09315.jpg

A grey one
tn_DSC08907.jpg

Awwwww djinwa those BW are gorgeous.

We only have one black calf in our herd at the moment. Called Blackie. Not an Angus though

Here are some of the others.

Droughtmaster grandmother, Bred to a Charbray bull, that heifer bred to a Bazadais bull (my avatar)

DSCF8421small.jpg

Droughtmaster with calf from my Avatar

DSCF8886small.jpg

Bazadais calf

DSCF7808small.jpg

KNERSIE":1072dzfe said:
xy_DSC02313.jpg

Now that is a soggy calf, Randi!

He is so. But, he should be for what his BW was, 130 lbs and 6 days early. His mama has a tendancy towards high BWs, but she came close to overdoing it this time! We'd like our son to use him in 4H this time around, if he does 4H again.

Here's a more recent photo of him, taken July 17. He sure didn't want to co-operate at all for photos though.
xy_DSC04040.jpg