Different Cake Recipe

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I remembered a recipe told to me by a lady I know. I gave it a try tonight, WOW is that a goood cake recipe.

1 box of Yellow cake, butter recipe
1 can of peach pie filling

Put cake mix in a bowl, add all ingredients listed on the box except for the water. Add peach filling. Mix together well with a mixer. There will be some big pieces of peaches in it, don't worry. Pour into a greased 9"x13"x2" pan. The batter will be very thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 32 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes clean.

No frosting is needed for this cake.

I luv herfrds":2hx48hlw said:
I remembered a recipe told to me by a lady I know. I gave it a try tonight, WOW is that a goood cake recipe.

1 box of Yellow cake, butter recipe
1 can of peach pie filling

Put cake mix in a bowl, add all ingredients listed on the box except for the water. Add peach filling. Mix together well with a mixer. There will be some big pieces of peaches in it, don't worry. Pour into a greased 9"x13"x2" pan. The batter will be very thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 32 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes clean.

No frosting is needed for this cake.
That sounds great, gotta give it a try!

All right.... going to give it a try tonight. Grand-daughter will be back with us tonight for a while, so if it's not good, we'll blame you. :lol2: Thanks for the recipe.

OK. The reviews are in!

(Actually, it's only my review. The wife and grand-daughter are sleeping already. :roll: )

This is a great recipe! It's quick, it's easy, and as that ole' fart on tv would say, just set it and forget it.

The only downside to it is that it does not cook as pretty as the regular cake does. It pulled away from the pan nicely, it came out easily, but it just does not look as good. There is however a very easy solution to that. A few scoops of Bryars vanilla ice cream on top of that warm cake and you don't give a be nice that it's not beautiful.

This cake tastes GREAT! I bet it will all be gone by tomorrow night. :clap: :clap:

I cooked the cake while working on a bootleg version of Olive Garden Chicken Scampi. If this works out good, I'll get it posted soon. Won't know for sure till tomorrow when my better half tries it for lunch. My opinion doesn't count for much. After all, I still like spam and sardines too........

grannysoo":220gsyzm said:
OK. The reviews are in!

(Actually, it's only my review. The wife and grand-daughter are sleeping already. :roll: )

This is a great recipe! It's quick, it's easy, and as that ole' fart on tv would say, just set it and forget it.

The only downside to it is that it does not cook as pretty as the regular cake does. It pulled away from the pan nicely, it came out easily, but it just does not look as good. There is however a very easy solution to that. A few scoops of Bryars vanilla ice cream on top of that warm cake and you don't give a be nice that it's not beautiful.

This cake tastes GREAT! I bet it will all be gone by tomorrow night. :clap: :clap:

I cooked the cake while working on a bootleg version of Olive Garden Chicken Scampi. If this works out good, I'll get it posted soon. Won't know for sure till tomorrow when my better half tries it for lunch. My opinion doesn't count for much. After all, I still like spam and sardines too........

:lol2: :lol2: Never crossed my mind to take into account what other foods food critics think are fantastic when they critique a creation.

Lammie, from now on we need further references from you too, for any recipe you post. :nod: :p

Well I have been wanting to bake this cake, yesterday went to the store and no peach pie filling to be had! I wonder if it would be good with apple pie filling????

CKC1586":3se47khm said:
Well I have been wanting to bake this cake, yesterday went to the store and no peach pie filling to be had! I wonder if it would be good with apple pie filling????

Don't think so. With apple pie filling you have to roll this up in an eggroll wrapper and toss them in peanut oil at 350 degrees. :banana:

I'm gonna try the peach cake.

Jogeephus":3f69ghc1 said:
CKC1586":3f69ghc1 said:

Don't think so. With apple pie filling you have to roll this up in an eggroll wrapper and toss them in peanut oil at 350 degrees. :banana:

:dunce: Huh? I don't get it?

CKC1586":1811c592 said:
Jogeephus":1811c592 said:
CKC1586":1811c592 said:

Sorry, I was just sticking in a super easy recipe for fried apple pie. Extremely easy to make and extremely good.

I'm sure the apple filling would be good in the cake but I think I'd hold out for the peaches and make the apple pies myself. They are gooooood!

I did a Devil's Food cake and cherry pie filling yesterday. It turned out like a giant chocolate cherry brownie. Yum. This one also pulls away from the sides of the pan.
All the cherries settled to the bottom though. :(
I used all the listed ingredients on the box this time.
Got a Chocolate butter recipe cake mix I am going to try with the cherry filling. I'll let you know how that turns out. :D

][quote="CKC1586":1pgvhzcn said:
Jogeephus":1pgvhzcn said:

Sorry, I was just sticking in a super easy recipe for fried apple pie. Extremely easy to make and extremely good.

I'm sure the apple filling would be good in the cake but I think I'd hold out for the peaches and make the apple pies myself. They are gooooood![/quote]
Oooohhhhhh! Geesh, I was thick headed this morning! The apple pie filling goes in eggroll .......yadayada :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

1982vett":1juadc8l said:
CKC1586":1juadc8l said:
I did. :p

Since I'm not a big fan of cakes I'd say the peaches should be used the same way. :nod:
:oops: I was so focused on the cake mix, as in putting the cake mix batter in the eggroll wrapper.... :oops: it wasn't making any sense to me! Anyway now I get it and will have to try the pie thing. But I still want to try the peach cake. I am not normally a big cake fan but I do like the ones ya don't frost. My Mother in law used to make a peach upside down cake, basically the recipe for pineapple upside down cake but she used fresh peaches, it is soooo verrrry goooood! I thought this peach cake recipe might taste a bit like that.

Thank you for posting that, it is really good! Now I want to try the chocolate/cherry version, and am wondering how blueberry and other fruit fillings would work...

We just stopped at my sisters and she had made a carrot cake that was good. It is the same principle . A carrot cake box mix and a can of pumpkin mixed together and put in a 9 x 13 pan and baked. Then she served it with whipped cream. Good stuff. She said when she made it the batter was very stiff but the cake turned out moist.
I am a bigger fan of peaches so I think I will try that recipe soon.

MO_cows":1gqw2g1p said:
Thank you for posting that, it is really good! Now I want to try the chocolate/cherry version, and am wondering how blueberry and other fruit fillings would work...
I just made it with a white cake and strawberry filling (thought about blueberry). As good as it is, it was not as good as the chocolate with cherries.

I got a recipe on here for a peach cobbler. All you do is take a yellow cake mix and dump in a can of peach chunks. No other ingredients. Then drizzle with a white glaze (no more than powdered sugar and melted butter (maybe a bit of milk, maybe a bit of almond or vanilla extract if you like)). Anyhow ~ that is my youngest boys favorite, and he can make it himself.

1982vett":3h6gtlhh said:
grannysoo":3h6gtlhh said:
OK. The reviews are in!

:lol2: :lol2: Never crossed my mind to take into account what other foods food critics think are fantastic when they critique a creation.

Lammie, from now on we need further references from you too, for any recipe you post. :nod: :p

Thanks, I seldom post recipes. I just read and try them. Gonna try this one, too. I'm prbabably gonna weigh 200 pounds by the end of summer if I keep this up! :D

Latest posts