Different Cake Recipe Part 2

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I tried a Devil's Food with the cherry pie filling. Followed the directions and added all the listed ingredients. Turned out like a giant chocolate brownie. Was pretty good.

Next I tried a Chocolate Butter Recipe mix with the cherry filling. I did it just like the other recipe except I mixed the butter, eggs, and cake mix together first, then added the cherry filling and mixed it with a spoon.
This one didn't last a day. :D
Now the first 3 ingredients mixed together will be really really thick. Now if you don't mind chopped up cherries go ahead and mix it all together with the mixer.
I liked the whole cherries. :D

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I make that one once in awhile too ILH. I use devils food cake. add a little almond extract and frost it with chocolate frosting (extra sugar :lol2: ) then bake it in a jelly roll pan. Folks seem to like it.

Jalopy

Reaction score
I made one last month by using an Angel Food cake mix and used a can of fruit cocktail with the liquid included. It is heart healthy and tasted pretty good.

CKC1586

Reaction score
Got groceries Friday night and was getting more blueberry filling to do another one of those yummy cakes and found some blackberry filling, I am gonna try that too!!!
I love this recipe!

CKC1586

Reaction score
CKC1586":1veactw6 said:
Got groceries Friday night and was getting more blueberry filling to do another one of those yummy cakes and found some blackberry filling, I am gonna try that too!!!
I love this recipe!
Well, tried the blackberry filling....not so very good :???: maybe too much "filling" and not enough "blackberry" in it. Was too "wet" and too many seeds....