Different Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hey,

I was at a cattle auction yesterday and saw a trailer unload about 15 cow/calf pairs. They looked like black baldies with the white face but their bodies were grey like Murray Greys. Does anybody know what breed this is or if they are a cross. Also what breeds were used to get them? They were very pretty and I might be interested in raising some.

Travis

It sounds to me that they are a cross between black baldie cows and a Charolais bull. Cause usually Charolais crossed with black hided cattle such as a Angus, or baldies will cause the offspring to be a grey smokey color. Alot people make that cross here. It sells really good to.

Travis":3ipzehtj said:
Hey,

I was at a cattle auction yesterday and saw a trailer unload about 15 cow/calf pairs. They looked like black baldies with the white face but their bodies were grey like Murray Greys. Does anybody know what breed this is or if they are a cross. Also what breeds were used to get them? They were very pretty and I might be interested in raising some.
Travis
have a few of this colour ,i got them by using hereford bull over murray grey cows

Sounds exactly like a Murray Grey Hereford cross.
A Charolais Hereford is usually a lighter straw colored cross. Our neighbours breed them.

Latest posts