dieselbeef's grass finished steaks

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":3jbkruh6 said:
no..its not organic...i advertise it as grass fed or grass finished...but its always the same way..always on grass at all times
What did you feed it that wasn;t orgain? Rocks. 99% of the stuff that's sold in the health food stores as organic doesn;t fit the gov requirements, but it's sold as organic anyway.

thats probly true dun but i dont dothe whole organic thing with fertilizer and fly rubs or any of that kind of thing...i just let them eat grass and when they get close to 1k i sell em as grass finished oir grass fed beef...just a distinction for people to know that it isnt grain fattened or hormoned i guess is how im using it

btw ..i think rocks are organic if not produced by man made chemiclas right! :lol2:

dieselbeef":2998luer said:
thats probly true dun but i dont dothe whole organic thing with fertilizer and fly rubs or any of that kind of thing...i just let them eat grass and when they get close to 1k i sell em as grass finished oir grass fed beef...just a distinction for people to know that it isnt grain fattened or hormoned i guess is how im using it

btw ..i think rocks are organic if not produced by man made chemiclas right! :lol2:

I always figured organic was from something that lived. And although I do think that some rocks grow as if they're alive I think they're supposed to not be alive.

dieselbeef":199mcfml said:
well thank you hd

..and i assure you..those animals have never eaten anything besides grass from birth to bullet..i usually hold off butchering until late spring when the pastures high...i have customers right now but wnt butcher til the grass comes back in
When did 5 # of citrus pellets per day become considered grass?

yer good banned...yeah they get pellets ..but not the animals we butcher...we feed the herd..the steers are pastured seperate

dieselbeef":gkuveegk said:
yer good banned...yeah they get pellets ..but not the animals we butcher...we feed the herd..the steers are pastured seperate
I'm not that good, I just have one hell of a good memory.

VanC":1tslziue said:
They sure look good. I grew up on corn fed beef and love it. If I've ever had a grass finished steak I sure don't remember it. I'll have to try one sometime and see what the difference is.
man it sure is nice 2 c someone admit that they dont know something and say that they will try it.too many people just start bashing and have no experience.

piedmontese":1k7bdkf6 said:
VanC":1k7bdkf6 said:
They sure look good. I grew up on corn fed beef and love it. If I've ever had a grass finished steak I sure don't remember it. I'll have to try one sometime and see what the difference is.
man it sure is nice 2 c someone admit that they dont know something and say that they will try it.too many people just start bashing and have no experience.
Yep but it's usually the "grass" only folks condemning grain feed beef. I'm sort of like Van. I have no desire for a grass fed steak. Can't imagine it being any better than what I'm eating now. But if I was selling grass fed, I'd dam sure swear you can't beat it. :lol2:

TexasBred":29z3js6d said:
piedmontese":29z3js6d said:
VanC":29z3js6d said:
Yep but it's usually the "grass" only folks condemning grain feed beef. I'm sort of like Van. I have no desire for a grass fed steak. Can't imagine it being any better than what I'm eating now. But if I was selling grass fed, I'd dam sure swear you can't beat it. :lol2:

Not from me they won't ,, love love barley finished beef YUMMMMM !!!!!!! But our grass finished is pretty d@m good too .. :nod:
I think if you know what you are doing you can grain finish or grass finish to have an excellent end product .

I will usully try things once, well ,,,, within reason :lol2: :p

we grass finish our piedmontese and grain finish any other breed.i enjoy both and it seems that whichever i am eating at the time is my favorite.

piedmontese":4or0vn76 said:
we grass finish our piedmontese and grain finish any other breed.i enjoy both and it seems that whichever i am eating at the time is my favorite.

well said...ill eat either but my homegrown is cheapest..so its my favorite!

im not seeing any reason to bash..its a ford chevy thing aint it...btw..im a dodge man all the way

dieselbeef":2styra7d said:
piedmontese":2styra7d said:

well said...ill eat either but my homegrown is cheapest..so its my favorite!

im not seeing any reason to bash..its a ford chevy thing aint it...btw..im a dodge man all the way
fords 4 me and we got a couple chevys but i think they r all making a pretty good truck it just depends on which u prefer.i like fords big cabins.

Latest posts