Diesel transfer pump

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I am having a fit with a 12v diesel transfer pump. My old GPI one quit and I was in a bind so I grabbed a fill rite one. It worked good for 2 or 3 days now acts like its cavitating. It barely puts out a fraction of the rate. I've tried reaping and adjusting the suction tube with no luck. Took the hose, filter, nozzle, etc all off to make sure it's not in there some where but the pump definitely sounds different.

It's very frustrating since they are not cheap.

Did you check the screen where the drop tube attaches to the pump body?

I am having a fit with a 12v diesel transfer pump. My old GPI one quit and I was in a bind so I grabbed a fill rite one. It worked good for 2 or 3 days now acts like its cavitating. It barely puts out a fraction of the rate. I've tried reaping and adjusting the suction tube with no luck. Took the hose, filter, nozzle, etc all off to make sure it's not in there some where but the pump definitely sounds different.

It's very frustrating since they are not cheap.
It could just be a defective pump, can you return it?

It could just be a defective pump, can you return it?
That will be my next move if I dont get it solved before I get cleared to go back in to the public.

I'm starting to lean more that way. The 100g tank had the old pump in it for like 5 years with out ever clogging a screen or filter. It's hard to image some thing clogging this new pump in just 4 days unless its teflon or some thing fell in the tank or some thing of that nature.

Wish I would have gone to harbor freight. It would have been an easy swap. I bought it at the local feed store so the line of bs I'm about to get should be interesting to say the least.

That will be my next move if I dont get it solved before I get cleared to go back in to the public.

I'm starting to lean more that way. The 100g tank had the old pump in it for like 5 years with out ever clogging a screen or filter. It's hard to image some thing clogging this new pump in just 4 days unless its teflon or some thing fell in the tank or some thing of that nature.

Wish I would have gone to harbor freight. It would have been an easy swap. I bought it at the local feed store so the line of bs I'm about to get should be interesting to say the least.
I agree, with a nearly full tank it would be awfully hard to clog it up unless it was algae or something in the tank.

Try re-taping the threads on the pickup tube? Sounds like pulling air or trash like everybody else said. I have several Fill Rites they are great pumps but I guess anybody can make a lemon.

Hopefully the local guy will be good to deal with especially if it is a faulty pump.Sometimes people don't stand behind the product they sell and that is more disappointing than the failure to me.

The expandable suction tubes have a seal/oring on em. I had one go bad and do the same thing so I just mig welded it the length I needed it.

Latest posts