diesel storage tank

Help Support CattleToday:

scf84

Reaction score
just bought a 300 gal steel tank to store diesel in. i would like to build a metal stand for it, maybe 6 ft. tall for gravity. i have some 1-1/2 x 1/8 angle iron laying around. will this metal be strong enough or do i need to look at something bigger. from pics i see online, most look on the small side.

Put enough of them under it it will be. The bracing is what maintains the intergrity. It always amazed me when I was doing structural steel erection work how much weight a bar joist would hold but the strength was in the webbing members and the bridging angles that held them all together.

just bought a 300 gal steel tank to store diesel in. i would like to build a metal stand for it, maybe 6 ft. tall for gravity. i have some 1-1/2 x 1/8 angle iron laying around. will this metal be strong enough or do i need to look at something bigger. from pics i see online, most look on the small side.
Get a pump. I own a small fuel distributorship in Alabama, at some point in the near future our insurance company will not let us fill tanks on stands . More important you don't want someone climbing up to fill it on your farm.

Get a pump. I own a small fuel distributorship in Alabama, at some point in the near future our insurance company will not let us fill tanks on stands . More important you don't want someone climbing up to fill it on your farm.
Those are very good points.

We have 2 over head tanks and first chance I get they are coming down. I want just small stands with a little lean built forward around a foot off the ground so I can round up under them.

One of biggest complaints is the gravity feed is sooo slow. It takes for ever to fill my 100g portable tank. I can pump that 100g out in to equipment in a fraction of the time with the 12v pump.

I have a overhead stand for a diesel tank. I have not really looked at it in quite some time but it should be in good condition. I was figuring on taking it apart for the angle steel. If SW OK is not to far away I believe it held a 500 gal. round tank.

Latest posts