Died calf.

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Sarria

Reaction score
I have a cow that when I bout her she was breed her calf died at 5 month, and then I had her "AI" on 8/17/06 9 month later no calf I had her "AI" again on 9/24/06 she was do in June there was no calf? 2 days ago she came in to heat for the first time, today I note se she look like she aborted something like a cord was hanging out of her could it be after so long? I looked all over my fields and found nothing I well look again in the morning and call a vet. :(

Sometimes a cow that is just about to calve will get ridden by other cows as they do when they are in season.

Did she bag up at all?

Well, she had something. Time to put wheels under that cow and find another. Stuff happens.

flaboy":r80zq9be said:
Well, she had something. Time to put wheels under that cow and find another. Stuff happens.

Yea we search the hole yard and found nothing this morning, cord is still hanging out of her she looks and seems good? yes I have anther post were I was looking for information on getting her ready for butchering. Could the calf still be in her????????

M.Sarria":8wjg2n03 said:
flaboy":8wjg2n03 said:

Yea we search the hole yard and found nothing this morning, cord is still hanging out of her she looks and seems good? yes I have anther post were I was looking for information on getting her ready for butchering. Could the calf still be in her????????

The calf could still bein there. If so within a couople of days to week you'll know for sure. The cow will start acting sick and will STINK!
Better to reach inside, glove up first, and fish around and see what you can find.

dun":1gr2if02 said:
M.Sarria":1gr2if02 said:
flaboy":1gr2if02 said:

The calf could still bein there. If so within a couople of days to week you'll know for sure. The cow will start acting sick and will STINK!
Better to reach inside, glove up first, and fish around and see what you can find.

M.Sarria- you probably should have a vet come look at her. Did you ever get her preg checked after her 2 AI's? Last time I checked AI isn't at 100% conception rate.

CPL":3h4mz3ax said:
dun":3h4mz3ax said:
M.Sarria":3h4mz3ax said:
flaboy":3h4mz3ax said:

M.Sarria- you probably should have a vet come look at her. Did you ever get her preg checked after her 2 AI's? Last time I checked AI isn't at 100% conception rate.

Well just a up date, the Vet came out and she had a fetus in her he said it was 4 month old. yea she will go to the freezer. And yes she was checked at 2 month, when AI dos become 100% proof can you post it here for us.

Latest posts