Didn't wait long on another Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":2hxucp0i said:
The owner and breeder of record is Sunny Heights Simmentals, Vinton, VA. Once you put that registration # up, everyone knows who you are and where you live. In this case, the bull has not been transferred to fitz yet.

inyati, thank you.

Workinonit Farm":143a9wa4 said:
inyati13":143a9wa4 said:
The owner and breeder of record is Sunny Heights Simmentals, Vinton, VA. Once you put that registration # up, everyone knows who you are and where you live. In this case, the bull has not been transferred to fitz yet.

inyati, thank you.

Yeah that's not a problem for me. Once I put the reg. # up it's public knowledge. I don't think they would mind. I would consider it good advertisement. Great people to deal with.
The farm is near me. I think this is my 3rd one from that breeder. The other two were PB simmental. I've had a couple Angus and one other composite from other sources in between.

fitz

inyati13":6v5xeas4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":6v5xeas4 said:
Hee Hee. you are in the wrong association. ASA not AAA.

Isn't Final Answer an Angus bull?

Yes but that is this bull's Grandsire. This is a Simangus percentage bull.

Go here:
http://simmental.org/site/

Click Animal search and put in this bull's reg #[/quote]

Way ahead of you. Check your PM.[/quote]

OK. I responded but you need to know that the ASA will enter PB Angus if they are sires of Simangus or PB Simmental cattle. For example to register some of my retained heifers out of Casper, I had to enter Casper who is a PB Angus into the ASA herdbook.

BTW: Not just sires but PB Angus Dams can be entered if they are the in the pedigree of a percentage simmental that you are registering.

PS: It works the same with other breeds if they are in the pedigree of an animal you are registering.

PS2: The big name Angus bulls are already in the ASA herdbook. When I registered Linus, Top Hand a PB Angus was already in their book.[/quote]

This is what Ron is talking about:
https://herdbook.org/simmapp/action/ani ... rs=2722173

This is a registered Angus we own, but we had to "register" her with the ASA so we could register her calves. If you click on "cow summary" in the bottom right hand corner (in the reports box), it will pull up her calving records, and if she was older, you can see her average calving interval and just about everything you want to know about that cow. When I look at buying a cow, this is the first thing I check. I want to know how many calves she has had for her age, average calving interval, if she has been used as a donor or recip.... some good stuff there!
Of course, will bulls, you can click the button and get all of the registered calves out of that bull too!

Well, he wouldn't give me a good pose. Came off the trailer, put his head down and hasn't looked up. Not as thick as my last bull but he'll get a shot at it for a while.
I may get some better pics as we go along. He's busy and I have hay to work.

DSC00779.JPG

fitz

Latest posts